Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
Are you dangerous? A recent article reports that Germany, the land of Martin Luther, has become increasingly critical of the 1.3 million evangelical Christians living there. The media has become more and more hostile to believers in Jesus. According to one German seminary leader, they are often described as "dangerous fundamentalists." Why? They "are misfits in the framework of a totally tolerant society . . . [who] evangelize and . . . stand for absolute truth."
The suffering Servant is depicted in the words of Isaiah 53. The prophet was given special inspiration to capture what Jesus faced as He brought His "intolerant" message of salvation for all people. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6). His claims of not only knowing the truth but being the truth Himself led to His harsh treatment by those He came to save.
As we look at Isaiah's words, we see what Jesus endured and also what those of us who believe in Him may encounter due to our dangerous faith: â€¢ Despised and rejected (v.3), Like our Savior, we who follow Him will be despised by those who do not accept Him or His truth claims. â€¢ Beaten so we could be whole . . . healed (v.5),
Believers through the ages have experienced brutal treatment and even death because of their devotion to Jesus. â€¢ Honors of a victorious soldier (v.12), Though we may face persecution in this life, one day we will be united with the suffering Servant who has been elevated "to the place of highest honor" (Philippians 2:9).
Following Jesus will prove to be dangerous. But the honor of suffering for Him is merely a prelude to the untold joy of reigning with Him forever. , Tom Felten, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more