Warm WelcomeHow does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?
Top Christian Music Videos
In the future your children will ask you, “What is the meaning of these laws, decrees, and regulations that the Lord our God has commanded us to obey?” (v.20).
Standing quietly in the back, I am moved by the sight. Arms reach upward, voices carry throughout the room, and a tireless energy reverberates to the sound of the drum. Passionate and full of promise, they are far more than a group of teenagers. They are sons and daughters of God—the generation now, not next.
While I have heard others say they could never do what my husband and I do in serving as youth pastors, I see our role as a great privilege. Many times over, I have been deeply grateful for those on our team who have joined us in this high calling to high-schoolers.
Calling His people out of captivity, God was specific in telling them that freedom would require sacrifice—His by grace and theirs by holiness. Laying down their chains, however, was a small price to pay for the abundance they would discover in His promised land. In His admonition to them regarding the boundaries within which they would find His blessing, He gave clear instructions: Raise up the next generation, lest the land be lost.
Looking at this passage, we see that the heart of teaching comes in living life together—talking of His truths along the way (Deuteronomy 11:18). Taking on a volunteer position in the church is important and helpful, but the real investment comes in relationship.
In the body of Christ, ministry to younger generations is not the responsibility of a select group with a particular gifting. When we all fail to impart to them the truth of God’s Word, we risk missing His heart and diminishing our inheritance. If we’re believers in the One who made time for children (Luke 18:16), then the church shouldn’t struggle to find mature believers willing to do the same today. The call—and the responsibility—is for all.
How are you involved in the children’s or youth ministry of your local church? Considering your strengths, what are some practical ways you can invest in the younger generation?
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more