Top Christian Music Videos
Dogs, Cats & Whales
I cried out to the Lord in my great trouble, and He answered me (v.2).
Frank’s dog tormented cats. So when Thor broke free
one day and ran off, Frank got a bad feeling. Sure
enough, the dog snatched a poor, unsuspecting cat
in its jaws. But then, out of the shadows, came a furious
streak of gray—another cat! Launching itself onto Thor’s
back, it viciously raked the dog’s eyes and nose. The
hapless hound promptly freed his victim, but the attack
“Frank, do something!” exclaimed his shocked wife.
“Oh no,” he replied. “He’s had this coming for a long
time.” At last the dog slumped to the ground in surrender.
The triumphant cat strolled off defiantly, leaving the
chastened canine in its wake. “My dog had seen the
error of his ways,” Frank laughs. He reports that his
mangled mutt has never again attacked a cat.
Had Thor not been humbled, he would have continued
to be cruel to cats. Jonah could relate. No, he wasn’t
cruel to animals. But he had to hit the very bottom—
literally—before he surrendered to God.
You know the story. Jonah had been thrown
overboard and was now residing inside a large fish.
That’s the moment he got real with God. “I sank down
to the very roots of the mountains,” Jonah said. “But
you, O Lord my God, snatched me from the jaws of
death! As my life was slipping away, I remembered the
Lord” (Jonah 2:6-7).
It took a literal watery grave to get Jonah to turn to God in complete honesty.
“My earnest prayer went out to you,” said Jonah (v.7). The result was Jonah’s
rescue and release (v.10).
So often, we seem to change only when we have no other options. But that’s
precisely where God meets us! Our dead-end situations are opportunities to
turn in raw, desperate honesty to Him.
Read Psalms 28:1, King David’s desperate but hopeful song to the God who rescued him.
Jonah 2:8 speaks about false gods. Are there any false gods you might be
worshiping? What are you clinging to that is keeping you from being
completely honest with God?
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more