What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
The Glory of Jesus
This miraculous sign at Cana in Galilee was the first time Jesus revealed His glory. And His disciples believed in Him (v.11).
Wedding receptions. I’m not opposed to attending them. But, honestly, if I can avoid going to one, you’ll get no complaints from me. (Note: This does not apply to the day when either of my daughters marry!)
There is, however, one wedding reception I would have paid money to attend—the wedding feast in Cana when Jesus turned water into wine (John 2:1). Weddings feasts in those days could last for days. It was a community celebration where guests were served food and drink, including that famous one made from grapes. At some point during this reception, the wine ran out, which was a huge cultural no-no. To run out of it at one’s wedding was a public disgrace for the newly married couple—something that could negatively reflect on them for the rest of their lives. So Mary, Jesus’ mother, asked her son to intervene (v.3).
Having compassion for the newlywed couple’s predicament, Jesus stepped in. He told the servants to fill six stone jars with water, each with the capacity to hold 20 to 30 gallons (vv.6-7). Do the math. That’s between 120 and 180 gallons of wine. That’s enough to get a person excommunicated from some churches! Just kidding. Then Jesus told them to draw some out and to take it to the master of the banquet. He was most impressed with the wine’s quality (v.8).
The disciples were floored. They were finally beginning to understand Jesus’ glory. They saw it in His power, for sure. But that’s not the only thing they saw. They also began to see a person of great kindness, generosity, and understanding. He salvaged the young couple’s reputation and allowed the celebration to continue.
That’s the “glory” that captured the disciples’ hearts and caused them to put their faith in Him (John 2:11). The glory of God.
Read John 1:14 and notice how John summarizes the glory of Jesus.
Where do you see Jesus’ glory present in your life? Why is it vital that we give all glory to God?
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more