Running the RaceHow deliberate are you in your spiritual training?
Top Christian Music Videos
Queen for a Day
Royal power belongs to the Lord. He rules all the nations (v.28).
Following a meeting at Mildmay Uganda—a specialized center that provides holistic outpatient care for HIV and AIDS patients—I was summoned by Mildmay’s public relations director. “We are welcoming the Queen of England to Mildmay tomorrow,” she said. “Our pediatric patients are preparing to demonstrate their native costumes and traditional dances for Her Majesty. Would you kindly serve as the queen for the children’s final dress rehearsal?”
A few minutes later, processional music played and a stand-in Duke of Edinburgh escorted me to the royals’ designated area. As I sat in the chair that Queen Elizabeth would occupy the next day, I marveled at the opportunity the children would have to lift their frail little arms and dance before royalty. Then I considered how magnificent it is that all of us can and will demonstrate great honor and respect for our Lord Jesus Christ. The Scriptures promise:
• “The whole earth will acknowledge the Lord and return to Him. All the families of the nations will bow down before Him. For royal power belongs to the Lord. He rules all the nations” (Psalms 22:27).
• “But mightier than the violent raging of the seas, mightier than the breakers on the shore—the Lord above is mightier than these! . . . Your reign, O Lord, is holy forever and ever” (Psalms 93:4).
• “Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has visited and redeemed His people. He has sent us a mighty Savior from the royal line of His servant David, just as He promised through His holy prophets long ago” (Luke 1:68).
• “ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bend to Me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God’ ” (romans 14:11).
How do you embrace or resist the truth of Philippians 2:10, that says, “At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth”?
How do you humble yourself in worship to the Lord? What does it mean for you to be a child of the King?
- Running the Race - How deliberate are you in your spiritual training?...read more
- Out of Love - How did God show love for us through His sacrifice?...read more
- God's Masterpiece - What does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?...read more
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more