Daily Devotional - Featuring Newsboys July 18, 2013 “Live With Abandon” Think about your most significant accomplishment in life to date. The one thing you are most proud of that you’ve done, written, said, worked for.
Top Christian Music Videos
Queen for a Day
Royal power belongs to the Lord. He rules all the nations (v.28).
Following a meeting at Mildmay Uganda—a specialized center that provides holistic outpatient care for HIV and AIDS patients—I was summoned by Mildmay’s public relations director. “We are welcoming the Queen of England to Mildmay tomorrow,” she said. “Our pediatric patients are preparing to demonstrate their native costumes and traditional dances for Her Majesty. Would you kindly serve as the queen for the children’s final dress rehearsal?”
A few minutes later, processional music played and a stand-in Duke of Edinburgh escorted me to the royals’ designated area. As I sat in the chair that Queen Elizabeth would occupy the next day, I marveled at the opportunity the children would have to lift their frail little arms and dance before royalty. Then I considered how magnificent it is that all of us can and will demonstrate great honor and respect for our Lord Jesus Christ. The Scriptures promise:
• “The whole earth will acknowledge the Lord and return to Him. All the families of the nations will bow down before Him. For royal power belongs to the Lord. He rules all the nations” (Psalms 22:27).
• “But mightier than the violent raging of the seas, mightier than the breakers on the shore—the Lord above is mightier than these! . . . Your reign, O Lord, is holy forever and ever” (Psalms 93:4).
• “Praise the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has visited and redeemed His people. He has sent us a mighty Savior from the royal line of His servant David, just as He promised through His holy prophets long ago” (Luke 1:68).
• “ ‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord, ‘every knee will bend to Me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God’ ” (romans 14:11).
How do you embrace or resist the truth of Philippians 2:10, that says, “At the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth”?
How do you humble yourself in worship to the Lord? What does it mean for you to be a child of the King?
- Beautiful Garbage - What garbage do you need to bring to Jesus in repentance today?...read more
- View from a Distance - Why is it easy to lose sight of the future God has promised you?...read more
- Based on a True Story - What restoration has God brought to your life?...read more
- New Beginnings - How has God equipped you to follow Him?...read more
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more