Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
We also pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power
Contestants in the Wife Carrying World
Championships meet in the Finnish town of
Sonkajärvi. During the contest, men tote their
wives a full 831 feet through gravel, grass, and sand,
over two obstacles and through water. Dropping your
wife means a 15-second penalty—not to mention
dealing with an angry woman.
When it comes to marriage, I’m convinced that men
need to carry their wives, and wives need to carry their
husbands—so to speak. One important way to “carry”
your spouse is through prayer.
If your loved one has slipped down a couple of
notches on your prayer list, try some new angles. One
idea is to ask God to give your husband or wife a
“complete knowledge of His will” (Colossians 1:9).
Wouldn’t it be great to have God’s wisdom for all of our
family-related decisions, like how we should discipline
our kids, best help our parents, and decide which local
church to attend?
Besides knowing God’s wisdom, most of us need
strength to meet life’s challenges. Paul prayed for the
early believers to be “strengthened with all [God’s]
glorious power” (v.12) so they would have “all the
endurance and patience [they would] need.” If your
spouse needs help in some area, ask God to give him or
her staying power to deal with the problem.
While you’re at it, don’t forget to ask God to bless your spouse with joy
and a spirit of thankfulness (v.11). Many times an improved outlook can shrink
mountain-sized issues down to their true dimensions.
When my husband says, “I’m praying for you,” it comforts me. I know he won’t
drop me in this race of life. I also know that the Bible says, “The earnest prayer of a
righteous person has great power” (James 5:16).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
How do you feel when someone close to you tells you he or she is
praying for you? How will you begin praying more intentionally for
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more