John's QuestionWhat steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?
Top Music Videos
We also pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power
Contestants in the Wife Carrying World
Championships meet in the Finnish town of
Sonkajärvi. During the contest, men tote their
wives a full 831 feet through gravel, grass, and sand,
over two obstacles and through water. Dropping your
wife means a 15-second penalty—not to mention
dealing with an angry woman.
When it comes to marriage, I’m convinced that men
need to carry their wives, and wives need to carry their
husbands—so to speak. One important way to “carry”
your spouse is through prayer.
If your loved one has slipped down a couple of
notches on your prayer list, try some new angles. One
idea is to ask God to give your husband or wife a
“complete knowledge of His will” (Colossians 1:9).
Wouldn’t it be great to have God’s wisdom for all of our
family-related decisions, like how we should discipline
our kids, best help our parents, and decide which local
church to attend?
Besides knowing God’s wisdom, most of us need
strength to meet life’s challenges. Paul prayed for the
early believers to be “strengthened with all [God’s]
glorious power” (v.12) so they would have “all the
endurance and patience [they would] need.” If your
spouse needs help in some area, ask God to give him or
her staying power to deal with the problem.
While you’re at it, don’t forget to ask God to bless your spouse with joy
and a spirit of thankfulness (v.11). Many times an improved outlook can shrink
mountain-sized issues down to their true dimensions.
When my husband says, “I’m praying for you,” it comforts me. I know he won’t
drop me in this race of life. I also know that the Bible says, “The earnest prayer of a
righteous person has great power” (James 5:16).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
How do you feel when someone close to you tells you he or she is
praying for you? How will you begin praying more intentionally for
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more
- Free to Forgive - How has God’s forgiveness changed your heart?...read more