Hidden SinsHow have you been trying to deal with your sin?
Top Music Videos
We also pray that you will be strengthened with all His glorious power
Contestants in the Wife Carrying World
Championships meet in the Finnish town of
Sonkajärvi. During the contest, men tote their
wives a full 831 feet through gravel, grass, and sand,
over two obstacles and through water. Dropping your
wife means a 15-second penalty—not to mention
dealing with an angry woman.
When it comes to marriage, I’m convinced that men
need to carry their wives, and wives need to carry their
husbands—so to speak. One important way to “carry”
your spouse is through prayer.
If your loved one has slipped down a couple of
notches on your prayer list, try some new angles. One
idea is to ask God to give your husband or wife a
“complete knowledge of His will” (Colossians 1:9).
Wouldn’t it be great to have God’s wisdom for all of our
family-related decisions, like how we should discipline
our kids, best help our parents, and decide which local
church to attend?
Besides knowing God’s wisdom, most of us need
strength to meet life’s challenges. Paul prayed for the
early believers to be “strengthened with all [God’s]
glorious power” (v.12) so they would have “all the
endurance and patience [they would] need.” If your
spouse needs help in some area, ask God to give him or
her staying power to deal with the problem.
While you’re at it, don’t forget to ask God to bless your spouse with joy
and a spirit of thankfulness (v.11). Many times an improved outlook can shrink
mountain-sized issues down to their true dimensions.
When my husband says, “I’m praying for you,” it comforts me. I know he won’t
drop me in this race of life. I also know that the Bible says, “The earnest prayer of a
righteous person has great power” (James 5:16).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
How do you feel when someone close to you tells you he or she is
praying for you? How will you begin praying more intentionally for
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more
- Beauty of Diversity - Do your relationships reflect the beautiful diversity of the early church?...read more