Powerful PatienceHow can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?
Top Music Videos
A heartbreaking story on the cover of the newspaper had everyone talking. A groom was found dead hours after his wedding dinner. One of his friends said: "He was a very cheerful person and had just gotten married. Nobody could believe he was dead just hours after celebrating his wedding." Life is truly uncertain. Everyone is just a heartbeat away from eternity.
First Chronicles 29:15 states: "Our days on earth are like a passing shadow, gone so soon without a trace." It usually takes sad news, however, to drive home the reality of our frailty. James 4:13 warns against speaking arrogantly about our future. We're too limited to even understand what lies ahead, let alone take charge of it.
We're not the master of our own destiny, for we don't even know what tomorrow will bring (v.14). We're like a mist. Our lives are so short, here today, gone tomorrow.
How should we live in light of these truths? We should learn to embrace God's plan for us (v.15) and do all the good we can (v.17). We embrace God's plan by acknowledging His sovereign rule over us. We say, "If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that" (v.15). We don't make plans and then simply ask God to bless them. Instead, we should include God in every decision because He is over all of life.
Elisabeth Elliot observed, "God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to."
Next, we should do the good we can. As God's Word has instructed us in good works, we must be faithful in doing them. That makes for a God-honoring today and tomorrow. , Poh Fang Chia
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more
- Broken Down & Built Up - What might God be accomplishing in your life through a recent difficult experience?...read more