Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears (v.4).
Imagine sashaying through life with no fear. One
woman knows what it feels like to be fear-free.
Researchers exposed her to snakes and spiders, led
her through a haunted house, and showed her scary
flicks. No fear. Real death threats and being robbed at
gunpoint left her (happily) whistling in the dark. Why?
The woman has a genetic condition affecting the portion
of her brain connected with fear reaction. She literally
can’t be frightened.
David, much like us from time to time, was once
super-scared. He’d been sprinting from King Saul—who
wanted to kill him—and ended up traipsing into the lair
of the king of Gath (the hometown of Goliath—whom
David had earlier killed!) (1 Samuel 17:48-50). Talk
about out of the frying pan and into the fire! David was
so petrified (v.12) of the king of Gath that he decided
to act like a madman (v.13). His performance (including
the effective frothing at the mouth shtick) must have been
Oscar-winning-worthy, for the king believed he was truly
loony and allowed him to take flight instead of face a
Around this time of great fear and feigning being
crazy, David penned Psalm 34. We find that he dealt
with his fear by praying to God (v.4). He trusted in
God’s protection (vv.6-7). He rested in His goodness and
care (v.8). And, David reported, “[God] freed me from
all my fears” (v.4). Except one . . .
You see, David was not fearless, for he feared God (vv.7,9,11). In other words,
his reverent fear of God eclipsed his fear of man. What a great example for us
to follow when we start to fear the stuff of this world. Let’s choose to seek God
in prayer and reverently fear Him alone!
What have you feared lately? In light of David’s example, what will you
do to steer free of fear?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more