MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
One Before the Other
Who am I? (v.11).
The question I felt needed to be answered affirmatively before I married Miska was this: Can I live without her? My intentions were romantic and chivalrous, but my focus was dead wrong. I discovered that there was probably nobody that I literally could not live without. In time, I found the better question to ask myself: Do I want to live without Miska?
Moses discovered that finding the right answers required asking the right questions. He had run far from home, and 40 years later he’d lost his identity. God found Moses in the desert and spoke to him out of a burning bush. He spoke of Moses’ history and of Israel under Egypt’s iron hand. “I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt,” He said (Exodus 3:7). God had not forgotten Israel, and He had not forgotten Moses. God told Moses that He had chosen him to return to Egypt, confront Pharaoh’s empire, and lead Israel out of bondage.
Incredulous and afraid, Moses answered with a barrage of words protesting: “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people?” (v.11). Who am I? Moses asked. It was an honest query; but whatever the answer, he was sure he was not the one to do what God had asked of him.
Rather than answer Moses directly, God responded, “I will be with you” (v.12). Then God gave His name: “I Am Who I Am,” a mysterious name declaring that God is always God—eternity past to eternity future (v.14). Wherever humans go, God always precedes.
Before Moses could know who he was, he needed to know who God was. Only then could Moses discover his own identity and the courage he needed.
How do you answer the question Who am I? How can you put yourself in a posture to hear who God is, so that you can know who you are?
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more