After 35What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?
Top Music Videos
One Before the Other
Who am I? (v.11).
The question I felt needed to be answered affirmatively before I married Miska was this: Can I live without her? My intentions were romantic and chivalrous, but my focus was dead wrong. I discovered that there was probably nobody that I literally could not live without. In time, I found the better question to ask myself: Do I want to live without Miska?
Moses discovered that finding the right answers required asking the right questions. He had run far from home, and 40 years later he’d lost his identity. God found Moses in the desert and spoke to him out of a burning bush. He spoke of Moses’ history and of Israel under Egypt’s iron hand. “I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt,” He said (Exodus 3:7). God had not forgotten Israel, and He had not forgotten Moses. God told Moses that He had chosen him to return to Egypt, confront Pharaoh’s empire, and lead Israel out of bondage.
Incredulous and afraid, Moses answered with a barrage of words protesting: “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people?” (v.11). Who am I? Moses asked. It was an honest query; but whatever the answer, he was sure he was not the one to do what God had asked of him.
Rather than answer Moses directly, God responded, “I will be with you” (v.12). Then God gave His name: “I Am Who I Am,” a mysterious name declaring that God is always God—eternity past to eternity future (v.14). Wherever humans go, God always precedes.
Before Moses could know who he was, he needed to know who God was. Only then could Moses discover his own identity and the courage he needed.
How do you answer the question Who am I? How can you put yourself in a posture to hear who God is, so that you can know who you are?
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more
- God Our Restorer - Are you in need of God’s restorative power today?...read more
- You're Called - Are you dissatisfied with your present calling?...read more
- The Art of Joy - What has hindered you from experiencing joy this week?...read more
- What a Friend! - What does it mean to you to have a friend in Jesus?...read more