Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
One Before the Other
Who am I? (v.11).
The question I felt needed to be answered affirmatively before I married Miska was this: Can I live without her? My intentions were romantic and chivalrous, but my focus was dead wrong. I discovered that there was probably nobody that I literally could not live without. In time, I found the better question to ask myself: Do I want to live without Miska?
Moses discovered that finding the right answers required asking the right questions. He had run far from home, and 40 years later he’d lost his identity. God found Moses in the desert and spoke to him out of a burning bush. He spoke of Moses’ history and of Israel under Egypt’s iron hand. “I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt,” He said (Exodus 3:7). God had not forgotten Israel, and He had not forgotten Moses. God told Moses that He had chosen him to return to Egypt, confront Pharaoh’s empire, and lead Israel out of bondage.
Incredulous and afraid, Moses answered with a barrage of words protesting: “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people?” (v.11). Who am I? Moses asked. It was an honest query; but whatever the answer, he was sure he was not the one to do what God had asked of him.
Rather than answer Moses directly, God responded, “I will be with you” (v.12). Then God gave His name: “I Am Who I Am,” a mysterious name declaring that God is always God—eternity past to eternity future (v.14). Wherever humans go, God always precedes.
Before Moses could know who he was, he needed to know who God was. Only then could Moses discover his own identity and the courage he needed.
How do you answer the question Who am I? How can you put yourself in a posture to hear who God is, so that you can know who you are?
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more