Intentional Defiance Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns.
Top Christian Music Videos
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to
spiritual life (John 3:6).
Someday I want to go skydiving. While I’m not
overly fond of heights, I think there’s something
incredible about jumping out of an airplane with
a parachute (and an instructor soaring tandem with me!).
As kids, my sister and I would jump off our second-story
deck into the huge mounds of snow that covered our
front yard in the dead of winter. One time I even jumped
off the roof of a friend’s house (single story) into the deep
end of a pool. As a general rule, though, I don’t jump off
buildings. I’m convinced that gravity is real.
When it comes to spiritual things, we can’t separate
what we believe is real from the way we act. John 3:16
is priceless in communicating the truth of God’s love for
us. Our beliefs are not measured by our mental assent to
Jesus being the Lord of our lives, but by the actions we
live out in submission to Him.
John 3:33 says, “He who has received His testimony
has set his seal to this, that God is true” (NASB). Those
who believe put their confidence in the reality that God—
and His Word—are true. Because they understand the
connection between belief and obedience (Joshua 22:5;
John 3:36), they are convinced to the point of action.
Jesus paid the price so we could have the abundant,
free life He promises (John 8:31-32, 10:10). To choose
Christ is to become a new creation, not by our own
works but by His grace—the same grace that empowers
us to act in accordance with our belief (2 Corinthians 5:17; 2 Timothy 1:9).
We cheapen the cross when our Christianity goes no deeper than to
acknowledge in our minds that Jesus is the Son of God. Even the demons
recognized as much (Luke 4:33-35; James 2:19). May our actions reflect our
belief in Jesus. —Regina Franklin
Read John 14:14
to see the connection
between the work of the
Holy Spirit in us and our
obedience to Jesus.
Can those who know you
see a difference between
the “old” and “new”
you? (John 3:21). How
has your belief in the
Word of God penetrated
your life to the point of
changing your actions?
New Music Video: Building 429 - Listen to the Sound
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more
- A Way Out - Do you have a tendency to overestimate or underestimate?...read more
- Extravagant Love - When have you encountered God’s extravagant love?...read more
- Income vs. Investment - How will you be “rich in good works” today?...read more
- Famous in God’s Eyes - Who needs you to humbly, lovingly serve them today?...read more
- Shared Responsibility - Have you ever apologized for the actions of someone else?...read more
- How Much God Loves You - What prevents you from accepting God’s love?...read more
- A Better Song - Read Romans 8:14 to see what it means to be led by “the Spirit of God.”...read more