Love in ActionHow can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?
Top Christian Music Videos
Lowered To Be Raised
Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “My child, your
sins are forgiven” (v.5).
This is going to be good.” While enjoying some coffee
and catching up on life’s changes, I shared with my
friend about a difficult choice I had made regarding
my ministry responsibilities. Though I had toiled many
months in prayer, I was honest in telling her that I knew it
was a move of obedience, but that I was also uncertain
as to what the future would bring. Her simple words of
encouragement served to shift my view from the loss I was
feeling to the hope of Jesus’ presence in all things.
Sometimes in the midst of trying circumstances, we may
find it easier to believe God’s promises for others more
than for ourselves. It’s in those times that we most need to
surround ourselves with friends who will speak truth and
hope to us. While we will encounter trials where we must
press on in the presence of God on our own, as David
learned to do (1 Samuel 30:6), we will also face times
that will require an Aaron and Hur to be right beside us in
battle—giving us strength (Exodus 17:11-13).
Although God’s Word doesn’t tell us what precipitated
the decision of the four friends to help their buddy
(Mark 2:3), we can see from their example the qualities
we’ll find in those who can stir us to “take a new grip
with [our] tired hands and strengthen [our] weak knees”
(Hebrews 12:12). Feeling great compassion for the sick
man, these four men demonstrated:
• Fortitude in moving past any obstacle (Mark 2:4).
• Focus in getting their friend to Jesus (v.4).
• Faith in looking past the natural to the possible
in God (v.5).
They saw the potential for their friend’s life to be radically different.
Ultimately, though, they couldn’t make the man believe. The choice had to be his
Read 2 Samuel 13:1-15 to see what happens when you surround
yourself with friends who don’t have your best interests in mind.
Who has “carried you to Jesus” in a time of need? What’s the difference
between compassion and codependency?
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more