Out of LoveHow did God show love for us through His sacrifice?
Top Christian Music Videos
Lowered To Be Raised
Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, “My child, your
sins are forgiven” (v.5).
This is going to be good.” While enjoying some coffee
and catching up on life’s changes, I shared with my
friend about a difficult choice I had made regarding
my ministry responsibilities. Though I had toiled many
months in prayer, I was honest in telling her that I knew it
was a move of obedience, but that I was also uncertain
as to what the future would bring. Her simple words of
encouragement served to shift my view from the loss I was
feeling to the hope of Jesus’ presence in all things.
Sometimes in the midst of trying circumstances, we may
find it easier to believe God’s promises for others more
than for ourselves. It’s in those times that we most need to
surround ourselves with friends who will speak truth and
hope to us. While we will encounter trials where we must
press on in the presence of God on our own, as David
learned to do (1 Samuel 30:6), we will also face times
that will require an Aaron and Hur to be right beside us in
battle—giving us strength (Exodus 17:11-13).
Although God’s Word doesn’t tell us what precipitated
the decision of the four friends to help their buddy
(Mark 2:3), we can see from their example the qualities
we’ll find in those who can stir us to “take a new grip
with [our] tired hands and strengthen [our] weak knees”
(Hebrews 12:12). Feeling great compassion for the sick
man, these four men demonstrated:
• Fortitude in moving past any obstacle (Mark 2:4).
• Focus in getting their friend to Jesus (v.4).
• Faith in looking past the natural to the possible
in God (v.5).
They saw the potential for their friend’s life to be radically different.
Ultimately, though, they couldn’t make the man believe. The choice had to be his
Read 2 Samuel 13:1-15 to see what happens when you surround
yourself with friends who don’t have your best interests in mind.
Who has “carried you to Jesus” in a time of need? What’s the difference
between compassion and codependency?
- Out of Love - How did God show love for us through His sacrifice?...read more
- God's Masterpiece - What does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?...read more
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more
- A Way Out - Do you have a tendency to overestimate or underestimate?...read more