Choosing to ForgetWhat painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Make the Time
What joy for those who can live in Your house, always singing Your praises (v.4).
Are you busy? We can easily become overwhelmed with all the responsibilities that loom over us on any given day. We have calendar apps, appointment reminders, and handy lists to keep us organized. I enjoy finding new ways to use my time wisely and stay on task, but I have to be careful not to put my trust in my plans over the One who holds the plan. More importantly, I need to understand that while life often “just happens,” I must approach it with intentionality.
We’ve all experienced times when our schedule took on a life of its own—we were simply along for the ride. But even amid the things over which we have no control, we can be guilty of trying to tackle our schedules without God’s strength and guidance. Flitting about, we ask Him to bless our efforts, safeguard our investments, and take note of all we are doing. But in it all, we should stop and ask the question: Where is God in all of this?
God didn’t choose David to handle the heavy responsibilities of a kingdom because He saw his leadership skills in action, knew he could multitask, or because he had achieved numerous awards for his community service. Long before he sat on the throne, David positioned his life in worship and meditation before his Creator.
David’s declaration of longing for the courts of the Lord wasn’t about a building. It had everything to do with David’s desire to spend time with the Lord (Psalm 84:1-2). He delighted to be in God’s presence and to worship Him while he was there (27:4, 122:1).
Life will not stop to clear the path for us to build a relationship with Jesus. We must make the time to “to live in [His] house, always singing [His] praises” (Psalm 84:4). —Regina Franklin
Read Luke 10:38-42 and consider what distracts you from spending time with the Lord. What’s the difference between “doing for” and “being with” the Lord?
How often do you spend time with the Lord? Why must our “time with Him” be more than a list of things we accomplish for Him?
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more