Treasure that LastsWhat legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?
Top Christian Music Videos
Make the Time
What joy for those who can live in Your house, always singing Your praises (v.4).
Are you busy? We can easily become overwhelmed with all the responsibilities that loom over us on any given day. We have calendar apps, appointment reminders, and handy lists to keep us organized. I enjoy finding new ways to use my time wisely and stay on task, but I have to be careful not to put my trust in my plans over the One who holds the plan. More importantly, I need to understand that while life often “just happens,” I must approach it with intentionality.
We’ve all experienced times when our schedule took on a life of its own—we were simply along for the ride. But even amid the things over which we have no control, we can be guilty of trying to tackle our schedules without God’s strength and guidance. Flitting about, we ask Him to bless our efforts, safeguard our investments, and take note of all we are doing. But in it all, we should stop and ask the question: Where is God in all of this?
God didn’t choose David to handle the heavy responsibilities of a kingdom because He saw his leadership skills in action, knew he could multitask, or because he had achieved numerous awards for his community service. Long before he sat on the throne, David positioned his life in worship and meditation before his Creator.
David’s declaration of longing for the courts of the Lord wasn’t about a building. It had everything to do with David’s desire to spend time with the Lord (Psalm 84:1-2). He delighted to be in God’s presence and to worship Him while he was there (27:4, 122:1).
Life will not stop to clear the path for us to build a relationship with Jesus. We must make the time to “to live in [His] house, always singing [His] praises” (Psalm 84:4). —Regina Franklin
Read Luke 10:38-42 and consider what distracts you from spending time with the Lord. What’s the difference between “doing for” and “being with” the Lord?
How often do you spend time with the Lord? Why must our “time with Him” be more than a list of things we accomplish for Him?
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more