Connecting the DotsWhat good work is God doing in your life?
Top Music Videos
Make the Time
What joy for those who can live in Your house, always singing Your praises (v.4).
Are you busy? We can easily become overwhelmed with all the responsibilities that loom over us on any given day. We have calendar apps, appointment reminders, and handy lists to keep us organized. I enjoy finding new ways to use my time wisely and stay on task, but I have to be careful not to put my trust in my plans over the One who holds the plan. More importantly, I need to understand that while life often “just happens,” I must approach it with intentionality.
We’ve all experienced times when our schedule took on a life of its own—we were simply along for the ride. But even amid the things over which we have no control, we can be guilty of trying to tackle our schedules without God’s strength and guidance. Flitting about, we ask Him to bless our efforts, safeguard our investments, and take note of all we are doing. But in it all, we should stop and ask the question: Where is God in all of this?
God didn’t choose David to handle the heavy responsibilities of a kingdom because He saw his leadership skills in action, knew he could multitask, or because he had achieved numerous awards for his community service. Long before he sat on the throne, David positioned his life in worship and meditation before his Creator.
David’s declaration of longing for the courts of the Lord wasn’t about a building. It had everything to do with David’s desire to spend time with the Lord (Psalm 84:1-2). He delighted to be in God’s presence and to worship Him while he was there (27:4, 122:1).
Life will not stop to clear the path for us to build a relationship with Jesus. We must make the time to “to live in [His] house, always singing [His] praises” (Psalm 84:4). —Regina Franklin
Read Luke 10:38-42 and consider what distracts you from spending time with the Lord. What’s the difference between “doing for” and “being with” the Lord?
How often do you spend time with the Lord? Why must our “time with Him” be more than a list of things we accomplish for Him?
- Connecting the Dots - What good work is God doing in your life?...read more
- Responding to Suffering - How do you feel when your life is interrupted by suffering and adversity?...read more
- Laying Our Lives Down - How has Jesus’ example inspired you to freely give of yourself?...read more
- "Brutiful" - How has God worked in “brutiful” ways in your life?...read more
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more