He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
Make the Time
What joy for those who can live in Your house, always singing Your praises (v.4).
Are you busy? We can easily become overwhelmed with all the responsibilities that loom over us on any given day. We have calendar apps, appointment reminders, and handy lists to keep us organized. I enjoy finding new ways to use my time wisely and stay on task, but I have to be careful not to put my trust in my plans over the One who holds the plan. More importantly, I need to understand that while life often “just happens,” I must approach it with intentionality.
We’ve all experienced times when our schedule took on a life of its own—we were simply along for the ride. But even amid the things over which we have no control, we can be guilty of trying to tackle our schedules without God’s strength and guidance. Flitting about, we ask Him to bless our efforts, safeguard our investments, and take note of all we are doing. But in it all, we should stop and ask the question: Where is God in all of this?
God didn’t choose David to handle the heavy responsibilities of a kingdom because He saw his leadership skills in action, knew he could multitask, or because he had achieved numerous awards for his community service. Long before he sat on the throne, David positioned his life in worship and meditation before his Creator.
David’s declaration of longing for the courts of the Lord wasn’t about a building. It had everything to do with David’s desire to spend time with the Lord (Psalm 84:1-2). He delighted to be in God’s presence and to worship Him while he was there (27:4, 122:1).
Life will not stop to clear the path for us to build a relationship with Jesus. We must make the time to “to live in [His] house, always singing [His] praises” (Psalm 84:4). —Regina Franklin
Read Luke 10:38-42 and consider what distracts you from spending time with the Lord. What’s the difference between “doing for” and “being with” the Lord?
How often do you spend time with the Lord? Why must our “time with Him” be more than a list of things we accomplish for Him?
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more