WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
He Will Come
1 Corinthians 1:6
Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for
the return of our Lord Jesus Christ (v.7).
Four years ago, I became the primary caregiver for
a 7-year-old Ugandan boy who was dying of Acute
Myeloid Leukemia (AML).
During the first 3 weeks that I attended to Okello, he was
unable to see me because of painful, blinding tumors that
shrouded both his eyes. Okello was able to recognize me,
however, whenever I entered his hospital room. He could
also detect my patterns of caring for him, which included
bringing him a daily staple of peanut butter crackers.
Though we were in the midst of earthly suffering and
sorrow, the nurses in the cancer ward became our friends
and we enjoyed joking with one another. I often think
back to one afternoon in particular when one of the nurses
noticed an unopened package of the peanut butter crackers
in Okello’s shirt pocket. “If you don’t eat those,” the nurse
teased him, “your Auntie Rox won’t return to bring you any
more.” “She will come,” was Okello’s response.
I was awed by my young friend’s confidence that I
would come back for him. It caused me to consider the
immense pleasure God must experience when we display
trust in His return for us.
Jesus, after all, has already proven Himself to be
trustworthy. He came to earth on a journey infinitely more
sacrificial, meaningful, and purposeful than any sojourn
you or I could ever make for another. Jesus alone “died
for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when He
returns, we can live with Him forever” (1 Thessalonians 5:10). Yes, He will come.
While we wait for that glorious day, we can take comfort in the promises that
God will keep us “strong to the end” and that He “who began the good work
within [us], will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when
Christ Jesus returns” (1 Corinthians 1:8; Philippians 1:6).
What does it mean to you to “hold firmly to the Word of life”?
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more