Tender HeartsHow can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
He Will Come
1 Corinthians 1:6
Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for
the return of our Lord Jesus Christ (v.7).
Four years ago, I became the primary caregiver for
a 7-year-old Ugandan boy who was dying of Acute
Myeloid Leukemia (AML).
During the first 3 weeks that I attended to Okello, he was
unable to see me because of painful, blinding tumors that
shrouded both his eyes. Okello was able to recognize me,
however, whenever I entered his hospital room. He could
also detect my patterns of caring for him, which included
bringing him a daily staple of peanut butter crackers.
Though we were in the midst of earthly suffering and
sorrow, the nurses in the cancer ward became our friends
and we enjoyed joking with one another. I often think
back to one afternoon in particular when one of the nurses
noticed an unopened package of the peanut butter crackers
in Okello’s shirt pocket. “If you don’t eat those,” the nurse
teased him, “your Auntie Rox won’t return to bring you any
more.” “She will come,” was Okello’s response.
I was awed by my young friend’s confidence that I
would come back for him. It caused me to consider the
immense pleasure God must experience when we display
trust in His return for us.
Jesus, after all, has already proven Himself to be
trustworthy. He came to earth on a journey infinitely more
sacrificial, meaningful, and purposeful than any sojourn
you or I could ever make for another. Jesus alone “died
for us so that, whether we are dead or alive when He
returns, we can live with Him forever” (1 Thessalonians 5:10). Yes, He will come.
While we wait for that glorious day, we can take comfort in the promises that
God will keep us “strong to the end” and that He “who began the good work
within [us], will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when
Christ Jesus returns” (1 Corinthians 1:8; Philippians 1:6).
What does it mean to you to “hold firmly to the Word of life”?
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more