The Job ParadoxWhen have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?
Top Music Videos
Waiting To Adpot
Few things are as beautiful as witnessing an orphaned
child’s transformation when he or she is adopted
into a loving and nurturing home. Each time I see a
parentless boy or girl move from a state of starvation to
good nutrition, from despair to hope, from abandonment
to community, I hear the truth of Psalms 68:6 ring out,
“God places the lonely in families”! But with so many
children in need of adoptive moms and dads, I often
wonder why the adoption process takes so long.
Waiting can tempt us to see a murky picture of God’s
faithfulness, rather than the generous perfection of His
timing. That’s why it’s important for us to obtain peace
by praying without ceasing (Philippians 4:6) and that
we gain understanding of God’s precision by looking
to Scripture. A beautiful example of patience and
purposefulness in waiting to adopt is modeled by God
Himself in Galatians 4:4. In this passage we learn that:
• “When the right time came, God sent His Son, born
of a woman, subject to the law” (v.4).
• “God sent [Jesus] to buy freedom for us who were
slaves to the law, so that He could adopt us as His very
own children” (v.5).
• “Because we are His children, God has sent the
Spirit of His Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out,
‘Abba, Father’!” (v.6).
• “Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own
• “And since you are His child, God has made you His heir” (v.7).
God may or may not lead to you to adopt a child. But remember that
He eagerly awaits to adopt you as His own. Your Abba Father awaits your
What does Ephesians 1:5 say that God experienced when He
adopted us “into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus
What does it mean for you to be adopted by God? How can you help
others who are adopting or have adopted a child?
- The Job Paradox - When have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?...read more
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more