The Lost VirtueIn what common circumstances are you most impatient?
Top Christian Music Videos
Waiting To Adpot
Few things are as beautiful as witnessing an orphaned
child’s transformation when he or she is adopted
into a loving and nurturing home. Each time I see a
parentless boy or girl move from a state of starvation to
good nutrition, from despair to hope, from abandonment
to community, I hear the truth of Psalms 68:6 ring out,
“God places the lonely in families”! But with so many
children in need of adoptive moms and dads, I often
wonder why the adoption process takes so long.
Waiting can tempt us to see a murky picture of God’s
faithfulness, rather than the generous perfection of His
timing. That’s why it’s important for us to obtain peace
by praying without ceasing (Philippians 4:6) and that
we gain understanding of God’s precision by looking
to Scripture. A beautiful example of patience and
purposefulness in waiting to adopt is modeled by God
Himself in Galatians 4:4. In this passage we learn that:
• “When the right time came, God sent His Son, born
of a woman, subject to the law” (v.4).
• “God sent [Jesus] to buy freedom for us who were
slaves to the law, so that He could adopt us as His very
own children” (v.5).
• “Because we are His children, God has sent the
Spirit of His Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out,
‘Abba, Father’!” (v.6).
• “Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own
• “And since you are His child, God has made you His heir” (v.7).
God may or may not lead to you to adopt a child. But remember that
He eagerly awaits to adopt you as His own. Your Abba Father awaits your
What does Ephesians 1:5 say that God experienced when He
adopted us “into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus
What does it mean for you to be adopted by God? How can you help
others who are adopting or have adopted a child?
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more