Connecting the DotsWhat good work is God doing in your life?
Top Music Videos
Waiting To Adpot
Few things are as beautiful as witnessing an orphaned
child’s transformation when he or she is adopted
into a loving and nurturing home. Each time I see a
parentless boy or girl move from a state of starvation to
good nutrition, from despair to hope, from abandonment
to community, I hear the truth of Psalms 68:6 ring out,
“God places the lonely in families”! But with so many
children in need of adoptive moms and dads, I often
wonder why the adoption process takes so long.
Waiting can tempt us to see a murky picture of God’s
faithfulness, rather than the generous perfection of His
timing. That’s why it’s important for us to obtain peace
by praying without ceasing (Philippians 4:6) and that
we gain understanding of God’s precision by looking
to Scripture. A beautiful example of patience and
purposefulness in waiting to adopt is modeled by God
Himself in Galatians 4:4. In this passage we learn that:
• “When the right time came, God sent His Son, born
of a woman, subject to the law” (v.4).
• “God sent [Jesus] to buy freedom for us who were
slaves to the law, so that He could adopt us as His very
own children” (v.5).
• “Because we are His children, God has sent the
Spirit of His Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out,
‘Abba, Father’!” (v.6).
• “Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own
• “And since you are His child, God has made you His heir” (v.7).
God may or may not lead to you to adopt a child. But remember that
He eagerly awaits to adopt you as His own. Your Abba Father awaits your
What does Ephesians 1:5 say that God experienced when He
adopted us “into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus
What does it mean for you to be adopted by God? How can you help
others who are adopting or have adopted a child?
- Connecting the Dots - What good work is God doing in your life?...read more
- Responding to Suffering - How do you feel when your life is interrupted by suffering and adversity?...read more
- Laying Our Lives Down - How has Jesus’ example inspired you to freely give of yourself?...read more
- "Brutiful" - How has God worked in “brutiful” ways in your life?...read more
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more