Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Waiting To Adpot
Few things are as beautiful as witnessing an orphaned
child’s transformation when he or she is adopted
into a loving and nurturing home. Each time I see a
parentless boy or girl move from a state of starvation to
good nutrition, from despair to hope, from abandonment
to community, I hear the truth of Psalms 68:6 ring out,
“God places the lonely in families”! But with so many
children in need of adoptive moms and dads, I often
wonder why the adoption process takes so long.
Waiting can tempt us to see a murky picture of God’s
faithfulness, rather than the generous perfection of His
timing. That’s why it’s important for us to obtain peace
by praying without ceasing (Philippians 4:6) and that
we gain understanding of God’s precision by looking
to Scripture. A beautiful example of patience and
purposefulness in waiting to adopt is modeled by God
Himself in Galatians 4:4. In this passage we learn that:
• “When the right time came, God sent His Son, born
of a woman, subject to the law” (v.4).
• “God sent [Jesus] to buy freedom for us who were
slaves to the law, so that He could adopt us as His very
own children” (v.5).
• “Because we are His children, God has sent the
Spirit of His Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out,
‘Abba, Father’!” (v.6).
• “Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own
• “And since you are His child, God has made you His heir” (v.7).
God may or may not lead to you to adopt a child. But remember that
He eagerly awaits to adopt you as His own. Your Abba Father awaits your
What does Ephesians 1:5 say that God experienced when He
adopted us “into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus
What does it mean for you to be adopted by God? How can you help
others who are adopting or have adopted a child?
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more