What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
Waiting To Adpot
Few things are as beautiful as witnessing an orphaned
child’s transformation when he or she is adopted
into a loving and nurturing home. Each time I see a
parentless boy or girl move from a state of starvation to
good nutrition, from despair to hope, from abandonment
to community, I hear the truth of Psalms 68:6 ring out,
“God places the lonely in families”! But with so many
children in need of adoptive moms and dads, I often
wonder why the adoption process takes so long.
Waiting can tempt us to see a murky picture of God’s
faithfulness, rather than the generous perfection of His
timing. That’s why it’s important for us to obtain peace
by praying without ceasing (Philippians 4:6) and that
we gain understanding of God’s precision by looking
to Scripture. A beautiful example of patience and
purposefulness in waiting to adopt is modeled by God
Himself in Galatians 4:4. In this passage we learn that:
• “When the right time came, God sent His Son, born
of a woman, subject to the law” (v.4).
• “God sent [Jesus] to buy freedom for us who were
slaves to the law, so that He could adopt us as His very
own children” (v.5).
• “Because we are His children, God has sent the
Spirit of His Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out,
‘Abba, Father’!” (v.6).
• “Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own
• “And since you are His child, God has made you His heir” (v.7).
God may or may not lead to you to adopt a child. But remember that
He eagerly awaits to adopt you as His own. Your Abba Father awaits your
What does Ephesians 1:5 say that God experienced when He
adopted us “into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus
What does it mean for you to be adopted by God? How can you help
others who are adopting or have adopted a child?
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more