He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
1 Peter 3:13
If someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to
explain it (v.15).
In an interview, pop music star Katy Perry stated that
she wasn’t thrilled with her strict religious upbringing.
“I didn’t have a childhood,” she lamented. “I’ve
always been the kid who’s asked ‘Why?’ In my faith,
you’re just supposed to have faith. But I was always like
. . . why? At this point, I’m just kind of a drifter . . . open
Not having been there, I can’t comment on Katy’s
upbringing and what she didn’t like about it. But her
words are telling: In my faith you’re just supposed to
have faith. To that, I pose a Katy-like question: Why? For
faith simply in faith is an empty pursuit. But faith in Jesus
is something real and life-changing.
Here’s why: To have faith in faith leads to trusting in
something that lacks substance. It’s like clinging to a
climbing rope for safety, but then discovering that it’s
simply falling to the ground—not tied above or anchored
below. True Christian faith, however, is confidently
believing in Someone—Jesus.
The apostle Peter told his readers, who were suffering
for their faith, to “always be ready to explain” their
“Christian hope” (1 Peter 1:15). He had walked with
Jesus, watched Him perform miracles, witnessed His
death on a cross for his sins, and spent time with Him
after He rose again from the grave. Peter possessed a
rational, reasoned belief.
That belief—that faith—is what we can possess. Not grasping for an
unsecured rope, we firmly hold on to the One who has shown Himself to be
trustworthy and true. We believe, as Peter wrote, that “Christ suffered for our sins
once for all time. He never sinned, but He died for sinners to bring [us] safely
home to God” (v.18). Now that’s Someone to have faith in!
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more