The Kingdom We Long ForWhat makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?
Top Music Videos
Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very
thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord
that He may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our
God, for He will forgive generously (v.7).
A Malaysian gangster was extorting money from
a dental clinic. When the dentist gave him the
cash “payment” he was forced to make, he also
gave him a booklet. He said, “Read this. It’s good for
you.” The gangster was angry with the dentist for giving
him a religious booklet—a copy of Our Daily Bread
(sister publication of Our Daily Journey). But the dentist
replied, “Please keep it. Wait till you are in a good
mood, then read it.” Nine months later, when the booklet
accidentally dropped to the floor, the gangster picked
it up. As he read its pages, he was convicted of his sins
and received Jesus as his Savior.
What an incredible way to be confronted with God’s
Word! But was this story extraordinary? Maybe not. For
the God of the Bible is the God of the extraordinary.
Everything is possible with Him (Mark 10:27). God has
said of Himself: “My ways are far beyond anything you
could imagine” (Isaiah 55:8).
God’s ways may be inscrutable to us (v.9), but the way
to God is simple: Turn away from your sins and turn to
God (vv.6-7; Acts 3:19). Isaiah says, “Let the wicked
change their ways. . . . Let them turn to the Lord that He
may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for He
will forgive generously” (55:7). And that’s exactly what
the Malaysian gangster experienced. He’s now an exgangster
who loves God and others.
The invitation to come to God is given three times in
verses 1 to 3. Come is one of the most inviting words in Scripture. God invites
anyone and everyone to come to Him, to find life, and to experience His love
(v.3). “It’s all free!” (v.1). Come. If God can change the heart of a gangster, He
can change you. —K.T. Sim
What is Jesus’
invitation to us in
and John 6:35?
God has invited us to
come to Him. Have you
accepted His invitation?
What must you do to
come to Him today?
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more
- Beauty of Diversity - Do your relationships reflect the beautiful diversity of the early church?...read more
- Starting Small - Read Philippians 1:6 and consider how God will finish the good work He started in you....read more