Begging the Question?Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?
Top Music Videos
Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very
thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord
that He may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our
God, for He will forgive generously (v.7).
A Malaysian gangster was extorting money from
a dental clinic. When the dentist gave him the
cash “payment” he was forced to make, he also
gave him a booklet. He said, “Read this. It’s good for
you.” The gangster was angry with the dentist for giving
him a religious booklet—a copy of Our Daily Bread
(sister publication of Our Daily Journey). But the dentist
replied, “Please keep it. Wait till you are in a good
mood, then read it.” Nine months later, when the booklet
accidentally dropped to the floor, the gangster picked
it up. As he read its pages, he was convicted of his sins
and received Jesus as his Savior.
What an incredible way to be confronted with God’s
Word! But was this story extraordinary? Maybe not. For
the God of the Bible is the God of the extraordinary.
Everything is possible with Him (Mark 10:27). God has
said of Himself: “My ways are far beyond anything you
could imagine” (Isaiah 55:8).
God’s ways may be inscrutable to us (v.9), but the way
to God is simple: Turn away from your sins and turn to
God (vv.6-7; Acts 3:19). Isaiah says, “Let the wicked
change their ways. . . . Let them turn to the Lord that He
may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for He
will forgive generously” (55:7). And that’s exactly what
the Malaysian gangster experienced. He’s now an exgangster
who loves God and others.
The invitation to come to God is given three times in
verses 1 to 3. Come is one of the most inviting words in Scripture. God invites
anyone and everyone to come to Him, to find life, and to experience His love
(v.3). “It’s all free!” (v.1). Come. If God can change the heart of a gangster, He
can change you. —K.T. Sim
What is Jesus’
invitation to us in
and John 6:35?
God has invited us to
come to Him. Have you
accepted His invitation?
What must you do to
come to Him today?
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more