Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very
thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord
that He may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our
God, for He will forgive generously (v.7).
A Malaysian gangster was extorting money from
a dental clinic. When the dentist gave him the
cash “payment” he was forced to make, he also
gave him a booklet. He said, “Read this. It’s good for
you.” The gangster was angry with the dentist for giving
him a religious booklet—a copy of Our Daily Bread
(sister publication of Our Daily Journey). But the dentist
replied, “Please keep it. Wait till you are in a good
mood, then read it.” Nine months later, when the booklet
accidentally dropped to the floor, the gangster picked
it up. As he read its pages, he was convicted of his sins
and received Jesus as his Savior.
What an incredible way to be confronted with God’s
Word! But was this story extraordinary? Maybe not. For
the God of the Bible is the God of the extraordinary.
Everything is possible with Him (Mark 10:27). God has
said of Himself: “My ways are far beyond anything you
could imagine” (Isaiah 55:8).
God’s ways may be inscrutable to us (v.9), but the way
to God is simple: Turn away from your sins and turn to
God (vv.6-7; Acts 3:19). Isaiah says, “Let the wicked
change their ways. . . . Let them turn to the Lord that He
may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for He
will forgive generously” (55:7). And that’s exactly what
the Malaysian gangster experienced. He’s now an exgangster
who loves God and others.
The invitation to come to God is given three times in
verses 1 to 3. Come is one of the most inviting words in Scripture. God invites
anyone and everyone to come to Him, to find life, and to experience His love
(v.3). “It’s all free!” (v.1). Come. If God can change the heart of a gangster, He
can change you. —K.T. Sim
What is Jesus’
invitation to us in
and John 6:35?
God has invited us to
come to Him. Have you
accepted His invitation?
What must you do to
come to Him today?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more