Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very
thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord
that He may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our
God, for He will forgive generously (v.7).
A Malaysian gangster was extorting money from
a dental clinic. When the dentist gave him the
cash “payment” he was forced to make, he also
gave him a booklet. He said, “Read this. It’s good for
you.” The gangster was angry with the dentist for giving
him a religious booklet—a copy of Our Daily Bread
(sister publication of Our Daily Journey). But the dentist
replied, “Please keep it. Wait till you are in a good
mood, then read it.” Nine months later, when the booklet
accidentally dropped to the floor, the gangster picked
it up. As he read its pages, he was convicted of his sins
and received Jesus as his Savior.
What an incredible way to be confronted with God’s
Word! But was this story extraordinary? Maybe not. For
the God of the Bible is the God of the extraordinary.
Everything is possible with Him (Mark 10:27). God has
said of Himself: “My ways are far beyond anything you
could imagine” (Isaiah 55:8).
God’s ways may be inscrutable to us (v.9), but the way
to God is simple: Turn away from your sins and turn to
God (vv.6-7; Acts 3:19). Isaiah says, “Let the wicked
change their ways. . . . Let them turn to the Lord that He
may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for He
will forgive generously” (55:7). And that’s exactly what
the Malaysian gangster experienced. He’s now an exgangster
who loves God and others.
The invitation to come to God is given three times in
verses 1 to 3. Come is one of the most inviting words in Scripture. God invites
anyone and everyone to come to Him, to find life, and to experience His love
(v.3). “It’s all free!” (v.1). Come. If God can change the heart of a gangster, He
can change you. —K.T. Sim
What is Jesus’
invitation to us in
and John 6:35?
God has invited us to
come to Him. Have you
accepted His invitation?
What must you do to
come to Him today?
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more