UnbreakableHow can you use your suffering to point others to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Let the wicked change their ways and banish the very
thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the Lord
that He may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our
God, for He will forgive generously (v.7).
A Malaysian gangster was extorting money from
a dental clinic. When the dentist gave him the
cash “payment” he was forced to make, he also
gave him a booklet. He said, “Read this. It’s good for
you.” The gangster was angry with the dentist for giving
him a religious booklet—a copy of Our Daily Bread
(sister publication of Our Daily Journey). But the dentist
replied, “Please keep it. Wait till you are in a good
mood, then read it.” Nine months later, when the booklet
accidentally dropped to the floor, the gangster picked
it up. As he read its pages, he was convicted of his sins
and received Jesus as his Savior.
What an incredible way to be confronted with God’s
Word! But was this story extraordinary? Maybe not. For
the God of the Bible is the God of the extraordinary.
Everything is possible with Him (Mark 10:27). God has
said of Himself: “My ways are far beyond anything you
could imagine” (Isaiah 55:8).
God’s ways may be inscrutable to us (v.9), but the way
to God is simple: Turn away from your sins and turn to
God (vv.6-7; Acts 3:19). Isaiah says, “Let the wicked
change their ways. . . . Let them turn to the Lord that He
may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for He
will forgive generously” (55:7). And that’s exactly what
the Malaysian gangster experienced. He’s now an exgangster
who loves God and others.
The invitation to come to God is given three times in
verses 1 to 3. Come is one of the most inviting words in Scripture. God invites
anyone and everyone to come to Him, to find life, and to experience His love
(v.3). “It’s all free!” (v.1). Come. If God can change the heart of a gangster, He
can change you. —K.T. Sim
What is Jesus’
invitation to us in
and John 6:35?
God has invited us to
come to Him. Have you
accepted His invitation?
What must you do to
come to Him today?
- Unbreakable - How can you use your suffering to point others to God?...read more
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more