Always ThereDo you believe that the Lord is always with you?
Top Music Videos
Warn those who are lazy
(1 Thessalonians 5:14).
Think back to a time when you were part of a team
through school, church, business, volunteer work, or
sports. With that experience fresh in your mind, answer
the following: What was your team’s primary goal? Prepare
a class presentation? Share the gospel with 500 people?
Increase sales by 25 percent in three districts? Win a state
or national championship? Did your team meet its goals?
Why did your group effort succeed or fail? Who worked
the hardest on your team? Did anyone fail to put forth the
effort needed to achieve the desired results?
On almost every team, there’s a standout performer, the
one who works tirelessly and who diligently makes “use of
everything they find.” There’s also often a person who’s rich
with talent, but who’s lazy and poor at execution; the type
of person who doesn’t “even cook the game they catch”
People who fail to make the most of opportunities or
to follow through with their responsibilities hurt not only
themselves, but also their teammates. God’s Word has
much to say about the value of work. For example:
• “Lazy people want much but get little, but those
who work hard will prosper” (13:4).
• “Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity,
but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty” (21:5).
• Be happy in [your] work. That is why we are here!”
• “Enjoy your work . . . this is indeed a gift from God” (5:19).
• “Those who work [hard] deserve their pay” (Luke 10:7).
Jesus also said, “Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to
eternal life” (John 6:27 NIV). Make it your goal to complete what God calls you
to do, keeping in mind that no work “you do for the Lord is ever useless”
(1 Corinthians 15:58). —Roxanne Robbins
Read Acts 20:24 to see
the work God assigned
to Paul. Consider how
this is your work as well.
What is something God
is calling you to do?
How are you putting
forth the required work to
Are Natural Disasters a Sign of God's Judgment?
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more