LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
My wife told me about a single colleague of hers who went to consult with the local fortuneteller one weekend. She was looking for guidance. Where's my life heading? Will I always be lonely?
So many people continue to look for guidance in wrong and hazardous places. For instance, this year over 65,000 women like her will visit the five Australian Mind Body Spirit festivals held here. One of the most popular features of the event is the Reading Room, where 60 psychics give attendees all kinds of guidance on love, money, and happiness. Last year, 20 million people around the world took part in the online course Oprah hosted with popular new age author Eckhart Tolle. A year or so back, I stood with 5,000 others who braved pouring rain to hear what the Dalai Lama had to say. (He needs Jesus too!) Millions are searching for spiritual guidance, but I believe there is one Voice they're searching for.
"I am the Good Shepherd," we hear this Voice say (John 10:11), this Shepherd who is gathering a flock from all nations (v.16). "I sacrifice My life for the sheep," this Voice says (v.15), this Shepherd who protects when others run and hide (v.12). "My sheep listen to My voice," we hear Him declare (v.27), He knows them and guides them to the richest of lives (Psalm 23).
"I give them eternal life," we hear Him promise (v.28), He offers a destiny to those willing to follow. Thousands of years ago God promised that He would personally come and shepherd His "sheep", those who had fallen into enemy captivity (Ezekiel 34:11-16). In Jesus, God did that, and today He calls us out of our captivity of confused spiritual searching.
This Voice holds life, love, and the future in His hands. Listen. Follow. , Sheridan Voysey, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more