Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
You can keep your overnight bag!" Frustrated that she had missed her flight, the irate woman tossed the proffered package at the customer service agent and marched away. The rest of us who were in line watched the employee shrug his shoulders and shake his head with disinterest. Left to appease customers for decisions that had not been his, he had obviously seen many like her. Detachment had become his way of handling the anger and insults.
Though rarely a productive option, the opportunity to get mad presents itself daily, misunderstandings, unrealized goals, hurt feelings. The temptation to get angry can come from something as superficial as another car cutting us off as we drive down the road or to the deep wounding of someone walking out of our lives. But we were not created to walk in wrath. While we know that Jesus experienced anger (Mark 3:5, 10:14), Ephesians 4:26-27 tells us, "Don't sin by letting anger control you. Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil." Most often, the wrath we experience is not a righteous indignation but an overflow of our self-centered sin nature.
While Jonah was angry that he had lost his shade, he was also mad that God didn't destroy the people of Nineveh. Rather than being concerned for this nation that would be lost if they didn't hear and receive God's message, Jonah chose to be bitter over His compassion for them.
Jesus taught us to live in such a way that others would see the light of truth (Matthew 5:16). People have difficulty seeing the love of Jesus in us, however, when they're too busy picking shrapnel from our angry explosions out of their eyes (James 1:19-20). , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more