Test of CourageRead Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God.
Top Christian Music Videos
1 Corinthians 15:12-53
In fact, Christ has been raised from the dead.
He is the first of a great harvest of all who have
Science’s discovery of nature’s laws makes an
intervening God less believable. We surmise that
lost limbs don’t grow back, and dead men don’t
return to life. Or do they?
In October 2008, medical doctor Sean George
was driving from Esperance to Kalgoorlie in the West
Australian goldfields, when he started feeling chest pain.
He called his wife and got to the nearest clinic. A short
while later, he was pronounced dead. Fifty-five minutes of
CPR and electric-shock therapy couldn’t bring him back.
The death was called when Sean’s wife, Sherry, arrived.
Sherry walked into the room and picked up her
husband’s cold hand. ”Lord,” she prayed. “Sean is only
39 years old. We have a 10-year-old boy. I need a
miracle.” At that moment, medical staff reported, Sean’s
lifeless body took a deep breath and his heartbeat
returned on the monitor. Later, Sean told me his miracle
story as a completely well man.
Skepticism about the miraculous goes way back. The
apostle Paul confronted cynicism about resurrection
among the believers in Corinth (1 Corinthians 15:12).
He reminded them that Jesus’ bodily resurrection was the
foundation of the Christian faith (v.4). If it was untrue,
their faith was “useless” (v.14) for they were still lost in
their sins (v.17). Just as importantly, Paul said that Jesus’
resurrection was the prototype for our own (vv.21-23).
Our bodies will be raised and transformed, just like Jesus’ (vv.20,53).
I firmly believe in Jesus’ bodily resurrection. And although Sean George’s
miracle was resuscitation, rather than resurrection, it is still modern proof of
what God can do. Talk about inspiring! For a true resurrection awaits those who
love Christ—the complete transformation of our bodies, souls, and hearts.
What does Paul reveal
in Romans 8:11 about
the life that the Holy
Have you ever doubted
Jesus’ literal, physical
How will you take the
reminder of your own
future resurrection into
Christy Nockels - Waiting Here For You (Passion Conference)
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more
- Avoiding Ditches - What distractions are you facing?...read more
- Leading Somewhere Good - How are you seeking to walk with God today?...read more