Always ThereDo you believe that the Lord is always with you?
Top Music Videos
1 Corinthians 15:12-53
In fact, Christ has been raised from the dead.
He is the first of a great harvest of all who have
Science’s discovery of nature’s laws makes an
intervening God less believable. We surmise that
lost limbs don’t grow back, and dead men don’t
return to life. Or do they?
In October 2008, medical doctor Sean George
was driving from Esperance to Kalgoorlie in the West
Australian goldfields, when he started feeling chest pain.
He called his wife and got to the nearest clinic. A short
while later, he was pronounced dead. Fifty-five minutes of
CPR and electric-shock therapy couldn’t bring him back.
The death was called when Sean’s wife, Sherry, arrived.
Sherry walked into the room and picked up her
husband’s cold hand. ”Lord,” she prayed. “Sean is only
39 years old. We have a 10-year-old boy. I need a
miracle.” At that moment, medical staff reported, Sean’s
lifeless body took a deep breath and his heartbeat
returned on the monitor. Later, Sean told me his miracle
story as a completely well man.
Skepticism about the miraculous goes way back. The
apostle Paul confronted cynicism about resurrection
among the believers in Corinth (1 Corinthians 15:12).
He reminded them that Jesus’ bodily resurrection was the
foundation of the Christian faith (v.4). If it was untrue,
their faith was “useless” (v.14) for they were still lost in
their sins (v.17). Just as importantly, Paul said that Jesus’
resurrection was the prototype for our own (vv.21-23).
Our bodies will be raised and transformed, just like Jesus’ (vv.20,53).
I firmly believe in Jesus’ bodily resurrection. And although Sean George’s
miracle was resuscitation, rather than resurrection, it is still modern proof of
what God can do. Talk about inspiring! For a true resurrection awaits those who
love Christ—the complete transformation of our bodies, souls, and hearts.
What does Paul reveal
in Romans 8:11 about
the life that the Holy
Have you ever doubted
Jesus’ literal, physical
How will you take the
reminder of your own
future resurrection into
Christy Nockels - Waiting Here For You (Passion Conference)
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more