Kindness and HospitalityHow are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?
Top Christian Music Videos
1 Corinthians 15:12-53
In fact, Christ has been raised from the dead.
He is the first of a great harvest of all who have
Science’s discovery of nature’s laws makes an
intervening God less believable. We surmise that
lost limbs don’t grow back, and dead men don’t
return to life. Or do they?
In October 2008, medical doctor Sean George
was driving from Esperance to Kalgoorlie in the West
Australian goldfields, when he started feeling chest pain.
He called his wife and got to the nearest clinic. A short
while later, he was pronounced dead. Fifty-five minutes of
CPR and electric-shock therapy couldn’t bring him back.
The death was called when Sean’s wife, Sherry, arrived.
Sherry walked into the room and picked up her
husband’s cold hand. ”Lord,” she prayed. “Sean is only
39 years old. We have a 10-year-old boy. I need a
miracle.” At that moment, medical staff reported, Sean’s
lifeless body took a deep breath and his heartbeat
returned on the monitor. Later, Sean told me his miracle
story as a completely well man.
Skepticism about the miraculous goes way back. The
apostle Paul confronted cynicism about resurrection
among the believers in Corinth (1 Corinthians 15:12).
He reminded them that Jesus’ bodily resurrection was the
foundation of the Christian faith (v.4). If it was untrue,
their faith was “useless” (v.14) for they were still lost in
their sins (v.17). Just as importantly, Paul said that Jesus’
resurrection was the prototype for our own (vv.21-23).
Our bodies will be raised and transformed, just like Jesus’ (vv.20,53).
I firmly believe in Jesus’ bodily resurrection. And although Sean George’s
miracle was resuscitation, rather than resurrection, it is still modern proof of
what God can do. Talk about inspiring! For a true resurrection awaits those who
love Christ—the complete transformation of our bodies, souls, and hearts.
What does Paul reveal
in Romans 8:11 about
the life that the Holy
Have you ever doubted
Jesus’ literal, physical
How will you take the
reminder of your own
future resurrection into
Christy Nockels - Waiting Here For You (Passion Conference)
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more