God's MasterpieceWhat does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?
Top Christian Music Videos
1 Corinthians 15:12-53
In fact, Christ has been raised from the dead.
He is the first of a great harvest of all who have
Science’s discovery of nature’s laws makes an
intervening God less believable. We surmise that
lost limbs don’t grow back, and dead men don’t
return to life. Or do they?
In October 2008, medical doctor Sean George
was driving from Esperance to Kalgoorlie in the West
Australian goldfields, when he started feeling chest pain.
He called his wife and got to the nearest clinic. A short
while later, he was pronounced dead. Fifty-five minutes of
CPR and electric-shock therapy couldn’t bring him back.
The death was called when Sean’s wife, Sherry, arrived.
Sherry walked into the room and picked up her
husband’s cold hand. ”Lord,” she prayed. “Sean is only
39 years old. We have a 10-year-old boy. I need a
miracle.” At that moment, medical staff reported, Sean’s
lifeless body took a deep breath and his heartbeat
returned on the monitor. Later, Sean told me his miracle
story as a completely well man.
Skepticism about the miraculous goes way back. The
apostle Paul confronted cynicism about resurrection
among the believers in Corinth (1 Corinthians 15:12).
He reminded them that Jesus’ bodily resurrection was the
foundation of the Christian faith (v.4). If it was untrue,
their faith was “useless” (v.14) for they were still lost in
their sins (v.17). Just as importantly, Paul said that Jesus’
resurrection was the prototype for our own (vv.21-23).
Our bodies will be raised and transformed, just like Jesus’ (vv.20,53).
I firmly believe in Jesus’ bodily resurrection. And although Sean George’s
miracle was resuscitation, rather than resurrection, it is still modern proof of
what God can do. Talk about inspiring! For a true resurrection awaits those who
love Christ—the complete transformation of our bodies, souls, and hearts.
What does Paul reveal
in Romans 8:11 about
the life that the Holy
Have you ever doubted
Jesus’ literal, physical
How will you take the
reminder of your own
future resurrection into
Christy Nockels - Waiting Here For You (Passion Conference)
- God's Masterpiece - What does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?...read more
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more
- A Way Out - Do you have a tendency to overestimate or underestimate?...read more
- Extravagant Love - When have you encountered God’s extravagant love?...read more