Tender HeartsHow can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
The XY Factor
The Lord will march forth like a mighty hero; He will come out like
a warrior, full of fury. He will shout His battle cry and crush all His enemies (v.13).
Strategy games have never been my desire on game
night. I remember the first time my husband
taught me how to play RISK. Being a strong
melancholy woman, I was devastated when after 2 hours
of playing I had only a handful of soldiers to show for
my efforts. In contrast, my husband had amassed a huge
army—wiping me off the board in his campaign to conquer
every continent. I think I’ll be content with playing Scrabble;
I’ll let my hubby and others contend for world domination.
Satan and his forces work hard to emasculate the
warrior heart of every man—promoting the lies that men
must be like women or by taking men prisoner through
pornography. Unsure of what real strength looks like, many
men subconsciously succumb to the false idea that playing
the conquering hero on a video game is the greatest
measurement of manhood.
They couldn’t be further from the truth.
Although a woman appreciates it when a guy
understands what she needs, a man’s highest calling
isn’t found in learning to make a woman happy. The
greatest goal for a man is to give his life willingly and
unreservedly for God’s glory (Ps. 86:12; Rom. 6:13).
While Jesus is compassionate, merciful, and gentle, we
must also remember that He is the epitome of a warrior
(v.13). God didn’t create men to be in bondage to their
sexual appetites or their passivity. Neither did He create
them to be women. In every seemingly ordinary moment, the battle between
light and darkness rages. Men were made to fight for what is right.
For the body of Christ to function as God intended, the church must:
• Realize that God places a unique calling on men.
• Challenge men to lead strongly as they live selflessly.
• Teach men that true strength is found in godly surrender.
Read Revelation 19:11 to see the connection
between Christ as our spotless sacrifice and as
our conquering King.
What fallout do we see in families as the result of
a wrong understanding of what manhood
means? In what ways can the church instill in men
an understanding of the strategic calling God has
placed on their lives?
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more