Happy at YouDo you know deep down that God loves you dearly?
Top Christian Music Videos
The XY Factor
The Lord will march forth like a mighty hero; He will come out like
a warrior, full of fury. He will shout His battle cry and crush all His enemies (v.13).
Strategy games have never been my desire on game
night. I remember the first time my husband
taught me how to play RISK. Being a strong
melancholy woman, I was devastated when after 2 hours
of playing I had only a handful of soldiers to show for
my efforts. In contrast, my husband had amassed a huge
army—wiping me off the board in his campaign to conquer
every continent. I think I’ll be content with playing Scrabble;
I’ll let my hubby and others contend for world domination.
Satan and his forces work hard to emasculate the
warrior heart of every man—promoting the lies that men
must be like women or by taking men prisoner through
pornography. Unsure of what real strength looks like, many
men subconsciously succumb to the false idea that playing
the conquering hero on a video game is the greatest
measurement of manhood.
They couldn’t be further from the truth.
Although a woman appreciates it when a guy
understands what she needs, a man’s highest calling
isn’t found in learning to make a woman happy. The
greatest goal for a man is to give his life willingly and
unreservedly for God’s glory (Ps. 86:12; Rom. 6:13).
While Jesus is compassionate, merciful, and gentle, we
must also remember that He is the epitome of a warrior
(v.13). God didn’t create men to be in bondage to their
sexual appetites or their passivity. Neither did He create
them to be women. In every seemingly ordinary moment, the battle between
light and darkness rages. Men were made to fight for what is right.
For the body of Christ to function as God intended, the church must:
• Realize that God places a unique calling on men.
• Challenge men to lead strongly as they live selflessly.
• Teach men that true strength is found in godly surrender.
Read Revelation 19:11 to see the connection
between Christ as our spotless sacrifice and as
our conquering King.
What fallout do we see in families as the result of
a wrong understanding of what manhood
means? In what ways can the church instill in men
an understanding of the strategic calling God has
placed on their lives?
- Happy at You - Do you know deep down that God loves you dearly?...read more
- The Shepherd's Voice - Have you ever had an experience where you believe God spoke to you?...read more
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more