Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
The XY Factor
The Lord will march forth like a mighty hero; He will come out like
a warrior, full of fury. He will shout His battle cry and crush all His enemies (v.13).
Strategy games have never been my desire on game
night. I remember the first time my husband
taught me how to play RISK. Being a strong
melancholy woman, I was devastated when after 2 hours
of playing I had only a handful of soldiers to show for
my efforts. In contrast, my husband had amassed a huge
army—wiping me off the board in his campaign to conquer
every continent. I think I’ll be content with playing Scrabble;
I’ll let my hubby and others contend for world domination.
Satan and his forces work hard to emasculate the
warrior heart of every man—promoting the lies that men
must be like women or by taking men prisoner through
pornography. Unsure of what real strength looks like, many
men subconsciously succumb to the false idea that playing
the conquering hero on a video game is the greatest
measurement of manhood.
They couldn’t be further from the truth.
Although a woman appreciates it when a guy
understands what she needs, a man’s highest calling
isn’t found in learning to make a woman happy. The
greatest goal for a man is to give his life willingly and
unreservedly for God’s glory (Ps. 86:12; Rom. 6:13).
While Jesus is compassionate, merciful, and gentle, we
must also remember that He is the epitome of a warrior
(v.13). God didn’t create men to be in bondage to their
sexual appetites or their passivity. Neither did He create
them to be women. In every seemingly ordinary moment, the battle between
light and darkness rages. Men were made to fight for what is right.
For the body of Christ to function as God intended, the church must:
• Realize that God places a unique calling on men.
• Challenge men to lead strongly as they live selflessly.
• Teach men that true strength is found in godly surrender.
Read Revelation 19:11 to see the connection
between Christ as our spotless sacrifice and as
our conquering King.
What fallout do we see in families as the result of
a wrong understanding of what manhood
means? In what ways can the church instill in men
an understanding of the strategic calling God has
placed on their lives?
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more