MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
Do you use a sock puppet to secretly keep track of your frenemies? Plan to spend your staycation watching vlogs and webisodes?" If you're not sure what all that means, turn to the latest edition of the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. The book of words has just added more than 100 new ones. Two new entries caught my attention: sock puppet and frenemies. A "sock puppet" is a false online identity used for deceptive purposes. A "frenemy" is someone who acts like a friend but is really an enemy.
The words sock puppet and frenemy definitely describe Satan. The evil one came to Eve as a frenemy, telling her what a friend might say. "Did God really say you must not eat the fruit from any of the trees in the garden?" (v.1). Don't worry about the consequences. God is exaggerating. You won't die! (v.4). God is withholding something better from you! (v.5).
The sock puppet misquoted God's words to subtly cast doubt on His goodness. God's command applied to only the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" (Genesis 2:16-17), not to all trees. "You won't die!" was a direct challenge to what God had emphatically warned: "You are sure to die" (v.17). Soon Eve, too, felt it was okay to modify God's clear instruction: "You must not . . . even touch it" (3:3).
Totally deceived, Adam and his wife chose to disregard God's instructions and warnings. Their actions created eternal consequences for all creation, the birth of evil, the presence of sin, and death.
Satan is no friend. He's a sock puppet and a frenemy. Speaking from personal experience (Luke 22:31-34), Peter warns: Satan is your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stay alert. Watch out! (1 Peter 5:8). , K.T. Sim CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more