Next StepsHave you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?
Top Christian Music Videos
We want to hear what you believe, for the only thing we know about this movement is that it is denounced everywhere (Acts 28:22).
Chick-fil-A is a popular American fast food chain whose president, Dan Cathy, also happens to be a Christian. Biblical values permeate its 1,600+ restaurants which are always closed on Sunday. Chick-fil-A also started the WinShape Foundation, which provides college scholarships, foster care programs, and marriage enrichment ministries.
That leads to the recent media frenzy surrounding Chick-fil-A. Cathy supports traditional, heterosexual marriages. When his position became public, many people accused him of homophobia and vowed to boycott his restaurants. The mayor of Boston announced that he would not allow a Chick-fil-A to open in his city, and even the owners of the Muppets said the restaurant chain could no longer use their toys for store promotions.
It’s not surprising that supporters of gay marriage think Dan Cathy is guilty of hatred and intolerance, for that label has been hung on Christians since the beginning. Most people think Jesus was meek and mild, but the religious leaders of His day told Pilate, “He is causing riots by His teaching wherever He goes” (Luke 23:5).
The apostle Paul was chased and stoned by fellow Jews, for they assumed that his message threatened the dominance of their religion and its role in society. When Paul finally made it to Rome, he invited its Jewish leaders to meet and learn about Jesus. They replied that while they had not heard anything bad about Paul, they knew that the movement he led was “denounced everywhere” (Acts 28:22). Paul didn’t give up, but he “explained and testified about the kingdom of God . . . from morning until evening. Some were persuaded by the things he said, but others did not believe” (Acts 28:23-24).
It hurts to be misunderstood, but we must never stop loving people, especially when they’re sure we don’t.
Read 2 Corinthians 12:11-21 to learn how to respond when you’re treated unfairly.
Who has misjudged your character or faith? How does God want you to respond?
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more
- No Longer Lost - Where have you seen God’s love and mercy in your life?...read more