Faithful and TrueWhat experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?
Top Christian Music Videos
We want to hear what you believe, for the only thing we know about this movement is that it is denounced everywhere (Acts 28:22).
Chick-fil-A is a popular American fast food chain whose president, Dan Cathy, also happens to be a Christian. Biblical values permeate its 1,600+ restaurants which are always closed on Sunday. Chick-fil-A also started the WinShape Foundation, which provides college scholarships, foster care programs, and marriage enrichment ministries.
That leads to the recent media frenzy surrounding Chick-fil-A. Cathy supports traditional, heterosexual marriages. When his position became public, many people accused him of homophobia and vowed to boycott his restaurants. The mayor of Boston announced that he would not allow a Chick-fil-A to open in his city, and even the owners of the Muppets said the restaurant chain could no longer use their toys for store promotions.
It’s not surprising that supporters of gay marriage think Dan Cathy is guilty of hatred and intolerance, for that label has been hung on Christians since the beginning. Most people think Jesus was meek and mild, but the religious leaders of His day told Pilate, “He is causing riots by His teaching wherever He goes” (Luke 23:5).
The apostle Paul was chased and stoned by fellow Jews, for they assumed that his message threatened the dominance of their religion and its role in society. When Paul finally made it to Rome, he invited its Jewish leaders to meet and learn about Jesus. They replied that while they had not heard anything bad about Paul, they knew that the movement he led was “denounced everywhere” (Acts 28:22). Paul didn’t give up, but he “explained and testified about the kingdom of God . . . from morning until evening. Some were persuaded by the things he said, but others did not believe” (Acts 28:23-24).
It hurts to be misunderstood, but we must never stop loving people, especially when they’re sure we don’t.
Read 2 Corinthians 12:11-21 to learn how to respond when you’re treated unfairly.
Who has misjudged your character or faith? How does God want you to respond?
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more