The Lost VirtueIn what common circumstances are you most impatient?
Top Christian Music Videos
We want to hear what you believe, for the only thing we know about this movement is that it is denounced everywhere (Acts 28:22).
Chick-fil-A is a popular American fast food chain whose president, Dan Cathy, also happens to be a Christian. Biblical values permeate its 1,600+ restaurants which are always closed on Sunday. Chick-fil-A also started the WinShape Foundation, which provides college scholarships, foster care programs, and marriage enrichment ministries.
That leads to the recent media frenzy surrounding Chick-fil-A. Cathy supports traditional, heterosexual marriages. When his position became public, many people accused him of homophobia and vowed to boycott his restaurants. The mayor of Boston announced that he would not allow a Chick-fil-A to open in his city, and even the owners of the Muppets said the restaurant chain could no longer use their toys for store promotions.
It’s not surprising that supporters of gay marriage think Dan Cathy is guilty of hatred and intolerance, for that label has been hung on Christians since the beginning. Most people think Jesus was meek and mild, but the religious leaders of His day told Pilate, “He is causing riots by His teaching wherever He goes” (Luke 23:5).
The apostle Paul was chased and stoned by fellow Jews, for they assumed that his message threatened the dominance of their religion and its role in society. When Paul finally made it to Rome, he invited its Jewish leaders to meet and learn about Jesus. They replied that while they had not heard anything bad about Paul, they knew that the movement he led was “denounced everywhere” (Acts 28:22). Paul didn’t give up, but he “explained and testified about the kingdom of God . . . from morning until evening. Some were persuaded by the things he said, but others did not believe” (Acts 28:23-24).
It hurts to be misunderstood, but we must never stop loving people, especially when they’re sure we don’t.
Read 2 Corinthians 12:11-21 to learn how to respond when you’re treated unfairly.
Who has misjudged your character or faith? How does God want you to respond?
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more