John's QuestionWhat steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?
Top Music Videos
A Baby’s Cry
She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped [Jesus] snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger (Luke 2:7).
Recently, one state in the US instituted a law requiring each pregnant woman considering an abortion to watch a sonogram of her unborn child, receive medically accurate explanations of what she views, and listen to her baby’s heartbeat. Following the law’s passage, a blogger who supports abortion raised money and bought iPods for abortion clinics. Her purpose? To provide each patient with a way to drown out the sound of her baby’s heartbeat. By cranking up the volume, she can stifle the sounds of life within her.
Mary could feel the life within her. The promised child (Luke 1:30-32) stirring in her womb stirred her heart with joy during the final days of her pregnancy. When she and Joseph reached Bethlehem, Jesus was born and she tenderly held Him in her arms for the first time. Lovingly, she “wrapped Him snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger” (Luke 2:7). This was the normal behavior of a loving mother—tenderly cradling human life created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27).
Sadly, a ruthless king would try to destroy Mary’s child, out of fear that Jesus would ultimately seize his throne. Herod “sent soldiers to kill all the boys in and around Bethlehem who were two years old and under” (Matthew 2:16). This horrific act led to “a cry . . . heard in Ramah—weeping and great mourning” (Matthew 2:18). Women wept as they heard their babies’ final cry.
When a child is aborted, it defies normal, motherly love, and it destroys life made in God’s image. It’s not normal; it’s aberrant. By God’s grace, those who have allowed a baby to be taken through abortion can find forgiveness (1 John 1:9). But if you’re considering abortion today, don’t drown out the truth of God’s view of life and the sound of a baby’s heartbeat and cry.
How does abortion defy God’s plan for life? Why is it so harmful to the overall moral and spiritual fabric of a society?
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more
- Last Dance - How can you focus on thoughts that are lovely and admirable today?...read more
- Free to Forgive - How has God’s forgiveness changed your heart?...read more