Stinging WordsHow have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?
Top Music Videos
A Baby’s Cry
She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped [Jesus] snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger (Luke 2:7).
Recently, one state in the US instituted a law requiring each pregnant woman considering an abortion to watch a sonogram of her unborn child, receive medically accurate explanations of what she views, and listen to her baby’s heartbeat. Following the law’s passage, a blogger who supports abortion raised money and bought iPods for abortion clinics. Her purpose? To provide each patient with a way to drown out the sound of her baby’s heartbeat. By cranking up the volume, she can stifle the sounds of life within her.
Mary could feel the life within her. The promised child (Luke 1:30-32) stirring in her womb stirred her heart with joy during the final days of her pregnancy. When she and Joseph reached Bethlehem, Jesus was born and she tenderly held Him in her arms for the first time. Lovingly, she “wrapped Him snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger” (Luke 2:7). This was the normal behavior of a loving mother—tenderly cradling human life created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27).
Sadly, a ruthless king would try to destroy Mary’s child, out of fear that Jesus would ultimately seize his throne. Herod “sent soldiers to kill all the boys in and around Bethlehem who were two years old and under” (Matthew 2:16). This horrific act led to “a cry . . . heard in Ramah—weeping and great mourning” (Matthew 2:18). Women wept as they heard their babies’ final cry.
When a child is aborted, it defies normal, motherly love, and it destroys life made in God’s image. It’s not normal; it’s aberrant. By God’s grace, those who have allowed a baby to be taken through abortion can find forgiveness (1 John 1:9). But if you’re considering abortion today, don’t drown out the truth of God’s view of life and the sound of a baby’s heartbeat and cry.
How does abortion defy God’s plan for life? Why is it so harmful to the overall moral and spiritual fabric of a society?
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more
- Assets that Matter - How can you submit more fully to the Holy Spirit’s refining work in your life?...read more
- The Skeptic - What doubt about God is most persistent in your thoughts?...read more
- Is God Necessary? - God is hidden but present, revealing Himself more fully to those who invite Him to stay....read more
- God's Promises - How has God kept His promises to you?...read more
- Greater Meaning - How is Jesus rescuing, transforming, and giving your life greater meaning?...read more
- Time for Tea! - What situations frustrate you?...read more