The Job ParadoxWhen have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?
Top Music Videos
A Baby’s Cry
She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped [Jesus] snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger (Luke 2:7).
Recently, one state in the US instituted a law requiring each pregnant woman considering an abortion to watch a sonogram of her unborn child, receive medically accurate explanations of what she views, and listen to her baby’s heartbeat. Following the law’s passage, a blogger who supports abortion raised money and bought iPods for abortion clinics. Her purpose? To provide each patient with a way to drown out the sound of her baby’s heartbeat. By cranking up the volume, she can stifle the sounds of life within her.
Mary could feel the life within her. The promised child (Luke 1:30-32) stirring in her womb stirred her heart with joy during the final days of her pregnancy. When she and Joseph reached Bethlehem, Jesus was born and she tenderly held Him in her arms for the first time. Lovingly, she “wrapped Him snugly in strips of cloth and laid Him in a manger” (Luke 2:7). This was the normal behavior of a loving mother—tenderly cradling human life created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27).
Sadly, a ruthless king would try to destroy Mary’s child, out of fear that Jesus would ultimately seize his throne. Herod “sent soldiers to kill all the boys in and around Bethlehem who were two years old and under” (Matthew 2:16). This horrific act led to “a cry . . . heard in Ramah—weeping and great mourning” (Matthew 2:18). Women wept as they heard their babies’ final cry.
When a child is aborted, it defies normal, motherly love, and it destroys life made in God’s image. It’s not normal; it’s aberrant. By God’s grace, those who have allowed a baby to be taken through abortion can find forgiveness (1 John 1:9). But if you’re considering abortion today, don’t drown out the truth of God’s view of life and the sound of a baby’s heartbeat and cry.
How does abortion defy God’s plan for life? Why is it so harmful to the overall moral and spiritual fabric of a society?
- The Job Paradox - When have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?...read more
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more