LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
Every Sunday I drive an overloaded car full of former street kids to church. While I try to navigate the crazy Kampala roads, the boys are constantly demanding my attention.
"Look over there, Auntie Rox!" one shouts, "That's where we used to find scrap to sell." "See those men?" adds another. "They beat me and stole my shoes!" "I used to sleep on that sidewalk," a third boy shares. "The (Ugandan) President often comes down this road. I thought if he saw my condition, he would do something about it."
The third boy's longing to be seen, so that his circumstances might improve, struck me profoundly, reminding me of people throughout Scripture who believed that God's awareness of their situation was mandatory for their deliverance. King David, for example, when his own son Absalom was trying to kill him, said to his advisor and servants, "Perhaps the Lord will see that I am being wronged and will bless me because of these curses today" (2 Samuel 16:12).
Then there's Hezekiah who, when the pressure mounted, pleaded, "Bend down, O Lord, and listen! Open Your eyes, O Lord, and see!" (Isaiah 37:17). Nehemiah cried out to God for mercy, exclaiming, "Look down and see me praying night and day for Your people Israel" (Nehemiah 1:6). And, Daniel, who found himself and the Israelites in yet another tight spot, lifted up a similar petition. "O my God, lean down and listen to me. Open Your eyes and see our despair" (Daniel 9:18).
Even though David, Hezekiah, Nehemiah, and Daniel didn't sense God's eyes upon them, He was perfectly aware of their trials (Psalm 33:13-14). In His intentional and flawless timing, He brought them from tough situations to places of safety and rejoicing. Give Him your challenges today. , Roxanne Robbins, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more