Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
Every Sunday I drive an overloaded car full of former street kids to church. While I try to navigate the crazy Kampala roads, the boys are constantly demanding my attention.
"Look over there, Auntie Rox!" one shouts, "That's where we used to find scrap to sell." "See those men?" adds another. "They beat me and stole my shoes!" "I used to sleep on that sidewalk," a third boy shares. "The (Ugandan) President often comes down this road. I thought if he saw my condition, he would do something about it."
The third boy's longing to be seen, so that his circumstances might improve, struck me profoundly, reminding me of people throughout Scripture who believed that God's awareness of their situation was mandatory for their deliverance. King David, for example, when his own son Absalom was trying to kill him, said to his advisor and servants, "Perhaps the Lord will see that I am being wronged and will bless me because of these curses today" (2 Samuel 16:12).
Then there's Hezekiah who, when the pressure mounted, pleaded, "Bend down, O Lord, and listen! Open Your eyes, O Lord, and see!" (Isaiah 37:17). Nehemiah cried out to God for mercy, exclaiming, "Look down and see me praying night and day for Your people Israel" (Nehemiah 1:6). And, Daniel, who found himself and the Israelites in yet another tight spot, lifted up a similar petition. "O my God, lean down and listen to me. Open Your eyes and see our despair" (Daniel 9:18).
Even though David, Hezekiah, Nehemiah, and Daniel didn't sense God's eyes upon them, He was perfectly aware of their trials (Psalm 33:13-14). In His intentional and flawless timing, He brought them from tough situations to places of safety and rejoicing. Give Him your challenges today. , Roxanne Robbins, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more