Faithful and TrueWhat experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?
Top Christian Music Videos
In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father (Matthew 5:16).
Watch me, Mom!” On any given day, these words resonate through our house as our kids seek to entertain us or attempt a new skill. Sharing moments of accomplishment with those who believe in us and stand ready to encourage our next endeavor is a beautiful thing. Lately, as my husband and I are going through a test of faith in our ministry lives, I have become aware that God is calling me to act in such a way that I can say to my children, “Watch me.”
One of the enemy’s greatest lies in the midst of tribulation is the idea that we’re alone. This false sense of isolation brings temptation on several fronts. We can nurture the wrong idea that God has somehow abandoned us to walk through a spiritual desert alone (Psalm 94:14; Isaiah 43:1-2). We can also incorrectly believe we are the only person who has ever faced such a situation (Ecclesiastes 1:10; 1 Corinthians 10:13). Finally, the enemy can get us so inwardly focused that we forget how our actions affect those around us.
Jesus knew the world would be watching those who claimed to follow His name. Prior to His challenge of being a light on a hill, however, Jesus spent a great deal of time talking about kingdom values, some of which center around suffering and loss (Matthew 5:3-4,10-12).
When we face hardship in our lives, even moments of injustice, we must be aware that God and “a huge crowd of witnesses” (Hebrews 12:1-3) are watching us. We remember this truth, not because we fear failure but because it encourages us to press on in the power of the Holy Spirit. He allows us to walk through any place in life in a manner worthy of the cross (Ephesians 4:1; 1 Thessalonians 2:10-12).
Why is our first response to a challenge usually one of frustration or dismay? How does the knowledge that others are watching you transform hard situations into opportunities for God’s greatness to be displayed?
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more
- A Spiritual Powerlift - How are you practicing walking in the power of the Holy Spirit?...read more