Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
If another believer sins against you, go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back (v.15).
On October 25, 2010, an earthquake created a tsunami that left hundreds of people missing or dead in Indonesia. The deaths could have been prevented or minimized if the tsunami warning system had been working properly. The tsunami detection network consists of two buoys designed to measure unusual waves and send signals inland—alerting people to imminent danger. But the buoys had become detached and drifted away, failing to warn people of the approaching tsunami.
In Matthew 18:1 Jesus said that His disciples had a responsibility to alert fellow believers to spiritual danger by confronting sin (v.15). He outlined a four-step process to confront sinning believers and restore them to fellowship. When a believer in Jesus became aware of sin in the life of a fellow believer, the first step was humble, private confrontation. Private confrontation indicated deep love for the sinning brother and a desire not to humiliate him. If he repented then he would be restored. If he refused then the second step was private confrontation with witnesses (v.16). These unbiased, uninvolved and honest witnesses would confirm attitudes and actions of the sinning brother and the confronter.
If the sinning brother did not repent the matter was brought before the church (v.17, probably the assembly of the disciples). If he refused to listen to the church and repent of his sin, then he was to be treated like an outsider, having community fellowship removed from him. Though community fellowship was removed, he was still loved and the door of restoration remained open.
As followers of Jesus we’re called to protect the purity of the church. We do this by lovingly alerting fellow believers to the dangers of unrepentant sin. We must humbly address and resolve the matter with the least amount of publicity as possible.
Read Joshua 7:1 to discover the effects of one man’s sin on his entire community.
What is the best way to confront someone regarding sin? Is there someone you need to alert? What will you do to protect the bride of Jesus from sin?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more