In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
Hate to Love
The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other (Deuteronomy 4:39).
She hated anyone who believed in God. A self-proclaimed atheist, the young woman did everything she could to destroy the faith of believers in Jesus. She would even write vulgar things on the pages of their Bibles. But then, as the Holy Spirit worked in her life and Christians continued to reach out lovingly to her, her hard heart began to melt. Soon she considered herself an “agnostic.” Then came the day she fell to her knees and tearfully received Jesus as her Savior. Recently, I was privileged to have a part in her baptism. Faith had replaced disbelief. Love had conquered hate.
The people of ancient Israel struggled with their view of God, much like my young friend did for many years. Moses called them to turn from idolatry and to seek God with all their heart and soul (Deuteronomy 4:11-19,29). By doing so, they would “find Him.” They were also instructed to “keep [this] firmly in mind: “The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other” (Deuteronomy 4:39). This is a truth that my young friend finally acknowledged.
Moses didn’t give up on the people he was striving to lead to the one true God (Deuteronomy 4:35), and neither should we. God’s love and blessing (Deuteronomy 4:37) may not be apparent to those you know—people who don’t acknowledge Him and perhaps act hatefully toward you. But don’t give up. God’s mercy can reach even the hardest of hearts (Deuteronomy 4:31).
Whether you’re reaching out to atheists, agnostics, or even backslidden believers in Jesus, be encouraged. The young woman I mentioned above is a living example of a person who has turned from hate and embraced the love of God. Keep pointing the people in your life to the loving God whom they might one day “find” (Deuteronomy 4:29).
Read Galatians 6:9 and note what Paul said about persevering in doing good things for Jesus—including reaching out to unbelievers.
What encourages you to share God’s love with people you know who are far from Him? Why do you think some people hate God and His children so much?
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more