UnbreakableHow can you use your suffering to point others to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Hate to Love
The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other (Deuteronomy 4:39).
She hated anyone who believed in God. A self-proclaimed atheist, the young woman did everything she could to destroy the faith of believers in Jesus. She would even write vulgar things on the pages of their Bibles. But then, as the Holy Spirit worked in her life and Christians continued to reach out lovingly to her, her hard heart began to melt. Soon she considered herself an “agnostic.” Then came the day she fell to her knees and tearfully received Jesus as her Savior. Recently, I was privileged to have a part in her baptism. Faith had replaced disbelief. Love had conquered hate.
The people of ancient Israel struggled with their view of God, much like my young friend did for many years. Moses called them to turn from idolatry and to seek God with all their heart and soul (Deuteronomy 4:11-19,29). By doing so, they would “find Him.” They were also instructed to “keep [this] firmly in mind: “The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other” (Deuteronomy 4:39). This is a truth that my young friend finally acknowledged.
Moses didn’t give up on the people he was striving to lead to the one true God (Deuteronomy 4:35), and neither should we. God’s love and blessing (Deuteronomy 4:37) may not be apparent to those you know—people who don’t acknowledge Him and perhaps act hatefully toward you. But don’t give up. God’s mercy can reach even the hardest of hearts (Deuteronomy 4:31).
Whether you’re reaching out to atheists, agnostics, or even backslidden believers in Jesus, be encouraged. The young woman I mentioned above is a living example of a person who has turned from hate and embraced the love of God. Keep pointing the people in your life to the loving God whom they might one day “find” (Deuteronomy 4:29).
Read Galatians 6:9 and note what Paul said about persevering in doing good things for Jesus—including reaching out to unbelievers.
What encourages you to share God’s love with people you know who are far from Him? Why do you think some people hate God and His children so much?
- Unbreakable - How can you use your suffering to point others to God?...read more
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more