"Brutiful"How has God worked in “brutiful” ways in your life?
Top Music Videos
Hate to Love
The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other (Deuteronomy 4:39).
She hated anyone who believed in God. A self-proclaimed atheist, the young woman did everything she could to destroy the faith of believers in Jesus. She would even write vulgar things on the pages of their Bibles. But then, as the Holy Spirit worked in her life and Christians continued to reach out lovingly to her, her hard heart began to melt. Soon she considered herself an “agnostic.” Then came the day she fell to her knees and tearfully received Jesus as her Savior. Recently, I was privileged to have a part in her baptism. Faith had replaced disbelief. Love had conquered hate.
The people of ancient Israel struggled with their view of God, much like my young friend did for many years. Moses called them to turn from idolatry and to seek God with all their heart and soul (Deuteronomy 4:11-19,29). By doing so, they would “find Him.” They were also instructed to “keep [this] firmly in mind: “The Lord is God both in heaven and on earth, and there is no other” (Deuteronomy 4:39). This is a truth that my young friend finally acknowledged.
Moses didn’t give up on the people he was striving to lead to the one true God (Deuteronomy 4:35), and neither should we. God’s love and blessing (Deuteronomy 4:37) may not be apparent to those you know—people who don’t acknowledge Him and perhaps act hatefully toward you. But don’t give up. God’s mercy can reach even the hardest of hearts (Deuteronomy 4:31).
Whether you’re reaching out to atheists, agnostics, or even backslidden believers in Jesus, be encouraged. The young woman I mentioned above is a living example of a person who has turned from hate and embraced the love of God. Keep pointing the people in your life to the loving God whom they might one day “find” (Deuteronomy 4:29).
Read Galatians 6:9 and note what Paul said about persevering in doing good things for Jesus—including reaching out to unbelievers.
What encourages you to share God’s love with people you know who are far from Him? Why do you think some people hate God and His children so much?
- "Brutiful" - How has God worked in “brutiful” ways in your life?...read more
- The First Day—Again - How does Jesus’ resurrection infuse you with fresh hope?...read more
- Clueless at the Light - What would others say about my influence on them?...read more
- Stinging Words - How have you experienced emotional or spiritual captivity?...read more
- Everyone Has a Story - Who needs you to listen to them? Make time for them today....read more
- Gateway of Hope - How has the rough stuff of your life kept you from hoping in God?...read more
- Philip Flunked - What specific truth about God could help you with a problem you’re currently facing?...read more
- Source of All Life - Every blessing comes from God....read more
- Trapped in Sin - How can you be set free and made right with God?...read more
- Hope Beyond Discouragement - How will you point others to the Source of Hope today?...read more
- Play Your Part - How can you encourage others to fulfill their calling?...read more
- Broken Community - How do we live out holiness without becoming judgmental of others?...read more
- Giving Out Love - How has God provided for you and those you love?...read more
- Assets that Matter - How can you submit more fully to the Holy Spirit’s refining work in your life?...read more
- The Skeptic - What doubt about God is most persistent in your thoughts?...read more
- Is God Necessary? - God is hidden but present, revealing Himself more fully to those who invite Him to stay....read more