Representing JesusIn what practical ways can you effectively represent Christ?
Top Music Videos
Five kings have already fallen, the sixth now reigns, and the seventh is yet to come, but his reign will be brief (Revelation 17:10).
Muammar Gaddafi, Africa’s longest-reigning head of state, used to pitch his infamous luxury tent at the end of my street whenever he was in Uganda for Africa Union Summit meetings. My son and I would attempt to count the number of soldiers and short-range missile launchers that surrounded Gaddafi’s canvas residence. It was clear that the “Colonel” feared for his life and went beyond standard security measures for protection.
In 2011, shortly after Gaddafi paid what would be his last visit to Uganda, his fears became reality when the Libyan people revolted against him. My son and I vividly remember visiting London at the beginning of the revolt and seeing two dozen children outside the House of Parliament chanting, “Libya, Libya, one-two-three, throw Gaddafi in the sea!” Just a few days after we witnessed the protests, the dictator was captured and killed.
Gaddafi’s dethroning epitomizes Job’s proclamation that God “removes the royal robe of kings. They are led away with ropes around their waist” (Job 12:18). No evil king will prevail forever. No head of state or president, no matter how large his empire, will ever remain in power eternally or possess even a fraction of the power of the Almighty Lord. The Lord “strips kings of understanding and leaves them wandering in a pathless wasteland” (Job 12:24).
The Lord Jesus Christ reigns eternally. His truth and love will prevail over all ruthless leaders. “For at just the right time Christ will be revealed from heaven by the blessed and only almighty God, the King of all kings and Lord of all lords. He alone can never die, and He lives in light so brilliant that no human can approach Him. No human eye has ever seen Him, nor ever will. All honor and power to Him forever! Amen” (1 Timothy 6:14-16). Jesus will never be dethroned!
Read Revelation 1:5 and consider what it says about Jesus, His reign, and His work on our behalf.
What does it mean for you to know that Jesus reigns forever? How does your relationship with the “King of kings” give you hope and purpose today?
- Representing Jesus - In what practical ways can you effectively represent Christ?...read more
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more