Always LovedEven before he made the world, God loved us and chose us.
Top Christian Music Videos
He who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps (v.4).
Several motorway drivers phoned the police, reporting that a truck was erratically swerving down the road and jerking from side to side. About 6:30 a.m. the police spotted the vehicle and flashed their lights for the truck to pull over. When the officer approached the vehicle, he found an 8-year-old boy at the wheel. The boy’s father was asleep in the passenger seat.
This father’s reckless behavior (apparently he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs) put his son and others in immense danger. The boy’s dad should have been the one person he could trust to keep him safe; and yet this dad placed his son in jeopardy. Many of us have had someone we trusted leave us exposed or unprotected. As a result we wonder who will truly watch out for us. Who will never abandon us?
The psalmist declares that there is only One who can always be trusted. God is the One who “will not let you stumble.” He’s the “One who watches over you” and “will not slumber” (Psalms 121:3). God’s eyes are always open and he is always vigilant. God’s hand is always poised, ready to act.
Each of us has felt the sting of betrayal. Each of us has borne the brunt of another’s good intentions gone awry. What’s more, we all have done the same to others. While God intends for us to receive encouragement and support from family and friends, we must never believe another person to be the ultimate source of our security. “My help comes from the Lord,” says the psalmist (v.2).
God is always awake. God is always attentive to our need. God does not doze. God does not grow weary. God stands, ever ready to help us. —Winn Collier
Read 1 Peter 5:6. Who should carry our anxiety and concern? Yet we’re told to “stay alert” (v.8). Why do we need a posture that’s both alert and free of worry?
How have you been disappointed by others? Why is it important for you to lay down your self-protection and trust that God is watching over you?
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more