Always ThereDo you believe that the Lord is always with you?
Top Music Videos
He who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps (v.4).
Several motorway drivers phoned the police, reporting that a truck was erratically swerving down the road and jerking from side to side. About 6:30 a.m. the police spotted the vehicle and flashed their lights for the truck to pull over. When the officer approached the vehicle, he found an 8-year-old boy at the wheel. The boy’s father was asleep in the passenger seat.
This father’s reckless behavior (apparently he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs) put his son and others in immense danger. The boy’s dad should have been the one person he could trust to keep him safe; and yet this dad placed his son in jeopardy. Many of us have had someone we trusted leave us exposed or unprotected. As a result we wonder who will truly watch out for us. Who will never abandon us?
The psalmist declares that there is only One who can always be trusted. God is the One who “will not let you stumble.” He’s the “One who watches over you” and “will not slumber” (Psalms 121:3). God’s eyes are always open and he is always vigilant. God’s hand is always poised, ready to act.
Each of us has felt the sting of betrayal. Each of us has borne the brunt of another’s good intentions gone awry. What’s more, we all have done the same to others. While God intends for us to receive encouragement and support from family and friends, we must never believe another person to be the ultimate source of our security. “My help comes from the Lord,” says the psalmist (v.2).
God is always awake. God is always attentive to our need. God does not doze. God does not grow weary. God stands, ever ready to help us. —Winn Collier
Read 1 Peter 5:6. Who should carry our anxiety and concern? Yet we’re told to “stay alert” (v.8). Why do we need a posture that’s both alert and free of worry?
How have you been disappointed by others? Why is it important for you to lay down your self-protection and trust that God is watching over you?
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more
- The Narrow Door - How can salvation be a free gift simply received and yet still require our response?...read more