Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
“There’s Probably No God”
From His throne [God] observes all who live on the earth. He made their hearts, so He understands everything they do (33:14-15).
In February 2009, an atheist group in the UK purchased ad space on the side of 800 buses as well as 1,000 posters on London’s trains that read, “There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.” A Christian group, the Trinitarian Bible Society, responded by launching a rival ad campaign splashing a Bible verse, “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 53:1” (KJV)—along with details on how to obtain a Bible—on 183 buses in London.
I’m not sure what to make of this ad war. But David tells us that “God looks down from heaven on the entire human race . . . to see if anyone is truly wise” (Psalm 53:2). And the truly wise person is the one who seeks Him (v.2). In contrast, “Only fools say in their hearts, ‘There is no God’ ” (v.1).
In God’s Word, a fool is not defined by his lack of intellect. A person with the highest IQ is deemed a fool if he lives as if there’s no God. “As he thinks in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7 NKJV). So a fool does not seek God or pray to Him for he has rejected God (Psalm 53:2-4). Without God and without a spiritual compass, the fool is corrupt, evil, and does no good—opposing and oppressing those who believe in God (vv.1,3-4).
The atheists’ ad is wrong. God exists! And He’s the very reason one should worry! For those who deny His existence will experience the unequaled terror of meeting God face to face! (v.5). Because they rejected God, “God has rejected them” (v.5).
So what’s your choice? Are you foolish or wise in God’s eyes?
Read Romans 1:18-25 to see what Paul has to say about the foolishness and sinfulness of man.
David says that God observes and examines every person (Psalm 11:4-7, 53:2). Does this comfort or terrorize you? Why?
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more