Myth No MoreWhy must God judge His enemies and make things right?
Top Music Videos
“There’s Probably No God”
From His throne [God] observes all who live on the earth. He made their hearts, so He understands everything they do (33:14-15).
In February 2009, an atheist group in the UK purchased ad space on the side of 800 buses as well as 1,000 posters on London’s trains that read, “There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.” A Christian group, the Trinitarian Bible Society, responded by launching a rival ad campaign splashing a Bible verse, “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 53:1” (KJV)—along with details on how to obtain a Bible—on 183 buses in London.
I’m not sure what to make of this ad war. But David tells us that “God looks down from heaven on the entire human race . . . to see if anyone is truly wise” (Psalm 53:2). And the truly wise person is the one who seeks Him (v.2). In contrast, “Only fools say in their hearts, ‘There is no God’ ” (v.1).
In God’s Word, a fool is not defined by his lack of intellect. A person with the highest IQ is deemed a fool if he lives as if there’s no God. “As he thinks in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7 NKJV). So a fool does not seek God or pray to Him for he has rejected God (Psalm 53:2-4). Without God and without a spiritual compass, the fool is corrupt, evil, and does no good—opposing and oppressing those who believe in God (vv.1,3-4).
The atheists’ ad is wrong. God exists! And He’s the very reason one should worry! For those who deny His existence will experience the unequaled terror of meeting God face to face! (v.5). Because they rejected God, “God has rejected them” (v.5).
So what’s your choice? Are you foolish or wise in God’s eyes?
Read Romans 1:18-25 to see what Paul has to say about the foolishness and sinfulness of man.
David says that God observes and examines every person (Psalm 11:4-7, 53:2). Does this comfort or terrorize you? Why?
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more