Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
“There’s Probably No God”
From His throne [God] observes all who live on the earth. He made their hearts, so He understands everything they do (33:14-15).
In February 2009, an atheist group in the UK purchased ad space on the side of 800 buses as well as 1,000 posters on London’s trains that read, “There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.” A Christian group, the Trinitarian Bible Society, responded by launching a rival ad campaign splashing a Bible verse, “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 53:1” (KJV)—along with details on how to obtain a Bible—on 183 buses in London.
I’m not sure what to make of this ad war. But David tells us that “God looks down from heaven on the entire human race . . . to see if anyone is truly wise” (Psalm 53:2). And the truly wise person is the one who seeks Him (v.2). In contrast, “Only fools say in their hearts, ‘There is no God’ ” (v.1).
In God’s Word, a fool is not defined by his lack of intellect. A person with the highest IQ is deemed a fool if he lives as if there’s no God. “As he thinks in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7 NKJV). So a fool does not seek God or pray to Him for he has rejected God (Psalm 53:2-4). Without God and without a spiritual compass, the fool is corrupt, evil, and does no good—opposing and oppressing those who believe in God (vv.1,3-4).
The atheists’ ad is wrong. God exists! And He’s the very reason one should worry! For those who deny His existence will experience the unequaled terror of meeting God face to face! (v.5). Because they rejected God, “God has rejected them” (v.5).
So what’s your choice? Are you foolish or wise in God’s eyes?
Read Romans 1:18-25 to see what Paul has to say about the foolishness and sinfulness of man.
David says that God observes and examines every person (Psalm 11:4-7, 53:2). Does this comfort or terrorize you? Why?
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more
- When We See Jesus - Do you long to see Jesus?...read more