Autograph of the OrdinaryDo you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?
Top Christian Music Videos
“There’s Probably No God”
From His throne [God] observes all who live on the earth. He made their hearts, so He understands everything they do (33:14-15).
In February 2009, an atheist group in the UK purchased ad space on the side of 800 buses as well as 1,000 posters on London’s trains that read, “There’s probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life.” A Christian group, the Trinitarian Bible Society, responded by launching a rival ad campaign splashing a Bible verse, “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 53:1” (KJV)—along with details on how to obtain a Bible—on 183 buses in London.
I’m not sure what to make of this ad war. But David tells us that “God looks down from heaven on the entire human race . . . to see if anyone is truly wise” (Psalm 53:2). And the truly wise person is the one who seeks Him (v.2). In contrast, “Only fools say in their hearts, ‘There is no God’ ” (v.1).
In God’s Word, a fool is not defined by his lack of intellect. A person with the highest IQ is deemed a fool if he lives as if there’s no God. “As he thinks in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7 NKJV). So a fool does not seek God or pray to Him for he has rejected God (Psalm 53:2-4). Without God and without a spiritual compass, the fool is corrupt, evil, and does no good—opposing and oppressing those who believe in God (vv.1,3-4).
The atheists’ ad is wrong. God exists! And He’s the very reason one should worry! For those who deny His existence will experience the unequaled terror of meeting God face to face! (v.5). Because they rejected God, “God has rejected them” (v.5).
So what’s your choice? Are you foolish or wise in God’s eyes?
Read Romans 1:18-25 to see what Paul has to say about the foolishness and sinfulness of man.
David says that God observes and examines every person (Psalm 11:4-7, 53:2). Does this comfort or terrorize you? Why?
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more