Dirty LaundryWhen you need to confront someone, how do you react?
Top Christian Music Videos
He’s Not There
Then the men asked, ”Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive?” (v.5).
My dad passed away a year ago from pancreatic cancer. When we arrived at the graveside for a private family burial, the funeral director was waiting there with my dad’s cremated ashes. It was the first time we had seen the small urn that housed his remains. I suddenly became overwhelmed with grief. A caring family member looked me in the eye and quietly spoke these simple but reassuring words, “Remember, Dad’s not there.”
As I think back to that day, my mind goes to another graveside scene. It was early in the morning, still dark outside. A few women had gone to the tomb that housed the body of their dear friend and Lord—Jesus. But when they entered the tomb, they discovered that His body was gone (Luke 24:1-3).
Suddenly, “two men . . . clothed in dazzling robes” appeared to them and said, “Why are you looking among the dead for someone who is alive? He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead!” (vv.4-6).
I know I’m going to see my dad again. Because of Jesus’ resurrection from the dead, a day is coming when we’re going to be reunited—never to be separated again. And even though I still visit Dad’s grave on occasion (along with my mother’s—next to his), I know I can’t find him now, because he’s not there.
But unlike the location of my dad, I can find Jesus. He rose from His grave. And because He’s alive, anyone who seeks Him today can know Him. He’s our Sovereign Creator, our ruling King, and our gracious Savior who reveals Himself to those who look for Him “wholeheartedly” (Jeremiah 29:13). He alone can provide the peace, hope, and comfort that sustains us in the dark valleys of life.
How can you seek Jesus in whatever valley you’re going through today? What does it mean for you to know that God is with you in the valley?
more› Read Psalm 23:4 and note where the psalmist says God is as we walk through the dark valley.
- Dirty Laundry - When you need to confront someone, how do you react?...read more
- Tender Hearts - How can we avoid being spiritually stubborn and unresponsive to God?...read more
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more