Confession and BlessingHow does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?
Top Christian Music Videos
You’re at War
We are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world (v.12).
Neville Chamberlain was duped during World War II. As Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, he appeased Hitler and acquiesced to his demands. Chamberlain believed Hitler was a man of peace who would simply be satisfied with regaining lands that once were part of Germany. So he did nothing when Hitler acquired Austria and the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia. Chamberlain realized too late that Hitler’s word meant nothing, and as German tanks rolled into Poland, Great Britain had to declare war.
Sometimes I wonder whether I’m a spiritual Chamberlain, oblivious to the fact that I’m at war. Consider Jude 1:9, which says, “Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.” What?! Michael and Satan tussled over Moses’ dead body? Now flip to the story of Moses, which simply says “the Lord buried him . . . but to this day no one knows the exact place” (Deuteronomy 34:6). Apparently that simple statement, “the Lord buried him,” conceals a lot of angelic activity.
I don’t know what Satan wanted with Moses’ body. Perhaps he wanted to parade it in front of the Israelites to dishearten them. Perhaps he simply wanted a souvenir.
I wonder if Satan shadowed the Israelites during their trek in the desert. Did he hound them into grumbling about food and the size of the giants in the Promised Land? When he saw an opening did he swoop in to scoop up Moses? How would the Israelites have responded if they realized their trials were part of a larger war?
The first soldiers to die are often the ones who don’t know they’re in a battle. Be on guard, you’re at war.
Read 2 Kings 6:8-23 to learn about the unseen world.
Think of a temptation that grips you from time to time. How will it help you to remember that your obedience is part of a larger, cosmic war?
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more
- Blinding Blue Pants - What role does accountability play in your life?...read more