LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
Have you ever listened to someone tell how he or she came to receive Jesus as Savior, and it totally blew you away? You sat slack-jawed as you took in every incredible detail. The depth of depravity from which God lifted this person was amazing!
It's likely we've all experienced the goosebumps and waves of faith-building joy that powerful testimonies for Jesus can elicit. But, if you're a person who came to believe in Jesus as a child, these accounts can also make you think your conversion story is boring and not worth sharing.
Not true. Whether you've come to Christ early or late, it's an amazing tale to tell. God performed a miraculous workin your life. Jesus said that before salvation your heart was full of "wickedness . . . from within" (Mark 7:21- 23). You were literally "defiled" on the inside (v.23). Your sin nature was present at birth, not something that settled on you during life's journey (vv.15,18-20). As the apostle Paul wrote, you entered earth "dead" in your sins (Ephesians 2:5). And all of us were under sin's power (Romans 3:9). In Psalm 53, the writer states: "All have turned away; all have become corrupt. No one does good, not a single one!" (v.3).
There was nothing inside of us that could save us. But God reached out in mercy, and "though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead" (Ephesians 2:5).
So if you think your salvation experience lacks power in presentation, you're dead wrong. For if your story were a headline, it would read: DEAD PERSON COMES TO LIFE! Now that's an amazing story that everyone needs to hear. , Tom Felten, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more