Happy Ascension DayWhat’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?
Top Music Videos
Have you ever listened to someone tell how he or she came to receive Jesus as Savior, and it totally blew you away? You sat slack-jawed as you took in every incredible detail. The depth of depravity from which God lifted this person was amazing!
It's likely we've all experienced the goosebumps and waves of faith-building joy that powerful testimonies for Jesus can elicit. But, if you're a person who came to believe in Jesus as a child, these accounts can also make you think your conversion story is boring and not worth sharing.
Not true. Whether you've come to Christ early or late, it's an amazing tale to tell. God performed a miraculous workin your life. Jesus said that before salvation your heart was full of "wickedness . . . from within" (Mark 7:21- 23). You were literally "defiled" on the inside (v.23). Your sin nature was present at birth, not something that settled on you during life's journey (vv.15,18-20). As the apostle Paul wrote, you entered earth "dead" in your sins (Ephesians 2:5). And all of us were under sin's power (Romans 3:9). In Psalm 53, the writer states: "All have turned away; all have become corrupt. No one does good, not a single one!" (v.3).
There was nothing inside of us that could save us. But God reached out in mercy, and "though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead" (Ephesians 2:5).
So if you think your salvation experience lacks power in presentation, you're dead wrong. For if your story were a headline, it would read: DEAD PERSON COMES TO LIFE! Now that's an amazing story that everyone needs to hear. , Tom Felten, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more
- Blending In - What does it mean to stand for Jesus instead of blending in?...read more