Representing JesusIn what practical ways can you effectively represent Christ?
Top Music Videos
Clear, Pure Water
On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted
to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to Me!” (v.37).
A tall, cold glass of water. The condensation on
the glass cools my hand. Clear, pure, colorless,
odorless; free of man-made chemicals and
corruption. I lift the glass to my lips and drink this water
that deeply refreshes.
A small, gurgling stream in the forest. Silky ripples,
floating leaves, water flowing smoothly around rocks
and branches. Liquid as clear as crystal, revealing the
pebbles on the stream bed. I scoop my hands and
splash my face. It washes clean the sweat and grit—this
water that deeply cleanses.
A long-awaited storm in a drought-stricken land. Rain
falls, soaking soil, trickling down tree bark, dripping
off leaves. The soil sprouts new shoots, the tree stands
strong again, the leaves begin to flourish, and children
jump joyfully in the puddles—all from this water that
Refreshing, cleansing, renewing. Without water we would
be thirsty, dirty, and lifeless. So when Jesus uses water as a
metaphor to describe Himself, we do well to listen.
This water refreshes us. “Anyone who is thirsty may
come to me!” Jesus shouts to us (John 7:37). The water
He offers refreshes forever, becoming a “fresh, bubbling
spring” within us as we drink it in (4:14). This water
cleanses our sweaty, dusty feet (John 13:6-10), and
washes away our dirty, gritty sins (1 John 1:9). This water
renews us. All who drink of it will have rivers of life burst forth from their heart
(John 7:38), bubbling springs that bring eternal life (4:14). Indeed, the One who
quenches our deepest thirst is making all things new (Revelation 21:5-6).
Jesus is the clear, pure, corruption-free water that refreshes, cleanses, and
renews. “Anyone who believes in Me may come and drink!” He says (John
7:38). Come again to the very source of life itself.
How have you experienced Jesus’ offer of refreshing, cleansing,
and renewing water? How will you spend time “drinking” from Him
- Representing Jesus - In what practical ways can you effectively represent Christ?...read more
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more