Not about FameHow has Jesus changed your life?
Top Christian Music Videos
Clear, Pure Water
On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted
to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to Me!” (v.37).
A tall, cold glass of water. The condensation on
the glass cools my hand. Clear, pure, colorless,
odorless; free of man-made chemicals and
corruption. I lift the glass to my lips and drink this water
that deeply refreshes.
A small, gurgling stream in the forest. Silky ripples,
floating leaves, water flowing smoothly around rocks
and branches. Liquid as clear as crystal, revealing the
pebbles on the stream bed. I scoop my hands and
splash my face. It washes clean the sweat and grit—this
water that deeply cleanses.
A long-awaited storm in a drought-stricken land. Rain
falls, soaking soil, trickling down tree bark, dripping
off leaves. The soil sprouts new shoots, the tree stands
strong again, the leaves begin to flourish, and children
jump joyfully in the puddles—all from this water that
Refreshing, cleansing, renewing. Without water we would
be thirsty, dirty, and lifeless. So when Jesus uses water as a
metaphor to describe Himself, we do well to listen.
This water refreshes us. “Anyone who is thirsty may
come to me!” Jesus shouts to us (John 7:37). The water
He offers refreshes forever, becoming a “fresh, bubbling
spring” within us as we drink it in (4:14). This water
cleanses our sweaty, dusty feet (John 13:6-10), and
washes away our dirty, gritty sins (1 John 1:9). This water
renews us. All who drink of it will have rivers of life burst forth from their heart
(John 7:38), bubbling springs that bring eternal life (4:14). Indeed, the One who
quenches our deepest thirst is making all things new (Revelation 21:5-6).
Jesus is the clear, pure, corruption-free water that refreshes, cleanses, and
renews. “Anyone who believes in Me may come and drink!” He says (John
7:38). Come again to the very source of life itself.
How have you experienced Jesus’ offer of refreshing, cleansing,
and renewing water? How will you spend time “drinking” from Him
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more
- Transformed! - How has God’s power helped you overcome fear?...read more
- Breaking Toward Freedom - Where are you experiencing a need for freedom?...read more