UnbreakableHow can you use your suffering to point others to God?
Top Christian Music Videos
Clear, Pure Water
On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted
to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to Me!” (v.37).
A tall, cold glass of water. The condensation on
the glass cools my hand. Clear, pure, colorless,
odorless; free of man-made chemicals and
corruption. I lift the glass to my lips and drink this water
that deeply refreshes.
A small, gurgling stream in the forest. Silky ripples,
floating leaves, water flowing smoothly around rocks
and branches. Liquid as clear as crystal, revealing the
pebbles on the stream bed. I scoop my hands and
splash my face. It washes clean the sweat and grit—this
water that deeply cleanses.
A long-awaited storm in a drought-stricken land. Rain
falls, soaking soil, trickling down tree bark, dripping
off leaves. The soil sprouts new shoots, the tree stands
strong again, the leaves begin to flourish, and children
jump joyfully in the puddles—all from this water that
Refreshing, cleansing, renewing. Without water we would
be thirsty, dirty, and lifeless. So when Jesus uses water as a
metaphor to describe Himself, we do well to listen.
This water refreshes us. “Anyone who is thirsty may
come to me!” Jesus shouts to us (John 7:37). The water
He offers refreshes forever, becoming a “fresh, bubbling
spring” within us as we drink it in (4:14). This water
cleanses our sweaty, dusty feet (John 13:6-10), and
washes away our dirty, gritty sins (1 John 1:9). This water
renews us. All who drink of it will have rivers of life burst forth from their heart
(John 7:38), bubbling springs that bring eternal life (4:14). Indeed, the One who
quenches our deepest thirst is making all things new (Revelation 21:5-6).
Jesus is the clear, pure, corruption-free water that refreshes, cleanses, and
renews. “Anyone who believes in Me may come and drink!” He says (John
7:38). Come again to the very source of life itself.
How have you experienced Jesus’ offer of refreshing, cleansing,
and renewing water? How will you spend time “drinking” from Him
- Unbreakable - How can you use your suffering to point others to God?...read more
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more