MemorialsHow could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?
Top Music Videos
Clear, Pure Water
On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted
to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to Me!” (v.37).
A tall, cold glass of water. The condensation on
the glass cools my hand. Clear, pure, colorless,
odorless; free of man-made chemicals and
corruption. I lift the glass to my lips and drink this water
that deeply refreshes.
A small, gurgling stream in the forest. Silky ripples,
floating leaves, water flowing smoothly around rocks
and branches. Liquid as clear as crystal, revealing the
pebbles on the stream bed. I scoop my hands and
splash my face. It washes clean the sweat and grit—this
water that deeply cleanses.
A long-awaited storm in a drought-stricken land. Rain
falls, soaking soil, trickling down tree bark, dripping
off leaves. The soil sprouts new shoots, the tree stands
strong again, the leaves begin to flourish, and children
jump joyfully in the puddles—all from this water that
Refreshing, cleansing, renewing. Without water we would
be thirsty, dirty, and lifeless. So when Jesus uses water as a
metaphor to describe Himself, we do well to listen.
This water refreshes us. “Anyone who is thirsty may
come to me!” Jesus shouts to us (John 7:37). The water
He offers refreshes forever, becoming a “fresh, bubbling
spring” within us as we drink it in (4:14). This water
cleanses our sweaty, dusty feet (John 13:6-10), and
washes away our dirty, gritty sins (1 John 1:9). This water
renews us. All who drink of it will have rivers of life burst forth from their heart
(John 7:38), bubbling springs that bring eternal life (4:14). Indeed, the One who
quenches our deepest thirst is making all things new (Revelation 21:5-6).
Jesus is the clear, pure, corruption-free water that refreshes, cleanses, and
renews. “Anyone who believes in Me may come and drink!” He says (John
7:38). Come again to the very source of life itself.
How have you experienced Jesus’ offer of refreshing, cleansing,
and renewing water? How will you spend time “drinking” from Him
- Memorials - How could you memorialize something God has done for you this week?...read more
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more