Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
The truest friend does not doubt but hope." While many movies based on books leave much to be desired, Douglas McGrath's 1996 production of Emma vividly portrays Jane Austen's endearing characters, Emma and her beloved Mr. Knightly. The strength of the relationship, though, comes from Austen's pen as she reveals the longing of every heart, not only to be loved, but to be loved in truth. A man of conviction, Mr. Knightly affirms to Emma that his chastisement of her unacceptable behavior doesn't come from a rejection of her but from his belief that greater things reside within her.
Spiritual growth doesn't happen without a confrontation with the truth. In John 14:6, Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through Me." Far more than factual information, God's truth is inseparable from His love. Truth required the cross; love made it possible.
Jesus loves us enough to speak straight to us. He does this so that our feet will be set firmly on the solid rock of His Word. In return, we must be willing to love others in truth.
Truth is not easy to hear, and hard words hurt. Love, however, persists past niceties. "Wounds from a sincere friend are better than many kisses from an enemy" (Proverbs 27:6). Longing to see things set right, love willingly walks the difficult path of speaking the truth found in God's Word. We do a great injustice to the body of Christ when we pretend that sin doesn't exist (Ephesians 4:25).
The strength of God becomes active in our lives when we live out the twofold calling to truth. We must be willing to speak it (Proverbs 27:17) as well as receive it (Psalm 141:5). God's love deals in truth. Anything less isn't really love. , Regina Franklin, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more