FulfilledWhy is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?
Top Music Videos
Promises & Praise
2 Chronicles 6:1
The Lord has fulfilled the promise He made, for I have become king in my
father’s place, and now I sit on the throne of Israel, just as the Lord
Ever made a promise you didn’t keep? Yeah, me
too. It makes me wince to think of my broken
promises over the years. The shame comes from
the realization that I had given my word to do something
for someone and then backpedaled upon further review
of what my vow would require of me. Ouch.
We’re all guilty of being “promises, promises” kind of
people. But God is the One we can count on to come
through. When He makes a promise, He keeps it. Just
ask Solomon. He praised God for His faithful keeping
of His promises to see the temple built in Jerusalem
and for David, Solomon’s father, to sit on the throne
(2 Chronicles 6:6). Both of those things became a
reality—David sat on the throne in Jerusalem, followed
by Solomon, and the temple was built “just as the Lord
Solomon exhibited the appropriate response to God
for fulfilling His promises—he praised Him. The king
declared to all his people, “Praise the Lord, the God of
Israel, who has kept the promise He made” (v.4). God is
worthy of our praise, for He has done great things. As
we read in His Word of His awesome works and all the
promises He has kept, our hearts and minds should be
filled with wonder and praise!
To whom did Solomon declare God’s praises? To the
entire community of Israel (2 Chronicles 2:3). When we
praise God to others, revealing what He has done, they can also experience the
reality of our great Promise Keeper.
Today, consider the promises God has fulfilled in the past and the promises
that He will fulfill in the future. Choose to live out these words: “I will praise the
Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises” (Psalms 34:1).
Read Numbers 23:19 and consider how faithful God is in keeping His
promises (unlike you and me).
What promises of God will you praise Him for today? How will
you praise God before others?
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more