WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
Promises & Praise
2 Chronicles 6:1
The Lord has fulfilled the promise He made, for I have become king in my
father’s place, and now I sit on the throne of Israel, just as the Lord
Ever made a promise you didn’t keep? Yeah, me
too. It makes me wince to think of my broken
promises over the years. The shame comes from
the realization that I had given my word to do something
for someone and then backpedaled upon further review
of what my vow would require of me. Ouch.
We’re all guilty of being “promises, promises” kind of
people. But God is the One we can count on to come
through. When He makes a promise, He keeps it. Just
ask Solomon. He praised God for His faithful keeping
of His promises to see the temple built in Jerusalem
and for David, Solomon’s father, to sit on the throne
(2 Chronicles 6:6). Both of those things became a
reality—David sat on the throne in Jerusalem, followed
by Solomon, and the temple was built “just as the Lord
Solomon exhibited the appropriate response to God
for fulfilling His promises—he praised Him. The king
declared to all his people, “Praise the Lord, the God of
Israel, who has kept the promise He made” (v.4). God is
worthy of our praise, for He has done great things. As
we read in His Word of His awesome works and all the
promises He has kept, our hearts and minds should be
filled with wonder and praise!
To whom did Solomon declare God’s praises? To the
entire community of Israel (2 Chronicles 2:3). When we
praise God to others, revealing what He has done, they can also experience the
reality of our great Promise Keeper.
Today, consider the promises God has fulfilled in the past and the promises
that He will fulfill in the future. Choose to live out these words: “I will praise the
Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises” (Psalms 34:1).
Read Numbers 23:19 and consider how faithful God is in keeping His
promises (unlike you and me).
What promises of God will you praise Him for today? How will
you praise God before others?
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more