Treasure that LastsWhat legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?
Top Christian Music Videos
Promises & Praise
2 Chronicles 6:1
The Lord has fulfilled the promise He made, for I have become king in my
father’s place, and now I sit on the throne of Israel, just as the Lord
Ever made a promise you didn’t keep? Yeah, me
too. It makes me wince to think of my broken
promises over the years. The shame comes from
the realization that I had given my word to do something
for someone and then backpedaled upon further review
of what my vow would require of me. Ouch.
We’re all guilty of being “promises, promises” kind of
people. But God is the One we can count on to come
through. When He makes a promise, He keeps it. Just
ask Solomon. He praised God for His faithful keeping
of His promises to see the temple built in Jerusalem
and for David, Solomon’s father, to sit on the throne
(2 Chronicles 6:6). Both of those things became a
reality—David sat on the throne in Jerusalem, followed
by Solomon, and the temple was built “just as the Lord
Solomon exhibited the appropriate response to God
for fulfilling His promises—he praised Him. The king
declared to all his people, “Praise the Lord, the God of
Israel, who has kept the promise He made” (v.4). God is
worthy of our praise, for He has done great things. As
we read in His Word of His awesome works and all the
promises He has kept, our hearts and minds should be
filled with wonder and praise!
To whom did Solomon declare God’s praises? To the
entire community of Israel (2 Chronicles 2:3). When we
praise God to others, revealing what He has done, they can also experience the
reality of our great Promise Keeper.
Today, consider the promises God has fulfilled in the past and the promises
that He will fulfill in the future. Choose to live out these words: “I will praise the
Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises” (Psalms 34:1).
Read Numbers 23:19 and consider how faithful God is in keeping His
promises (unlike you and me).
What promises of God will you praise Him for today? How will
you praise God before others?
- Treasure that Lasts - What legacy do you want to leave behind when you die?...read more
- The Lost Virtue - In what common circumstances are you most impatient?...read more
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more