Sacrificial LoveWhat does it mean for you to carry your cross?
Top Christian Music Videos
Promises & Praise
2 Chronicles 6:1
The Lord has fulfilled the promise He made, for I have become king in my
father’s place, and now I sit on the throne of Israel, just as the Lord
Ever made a promise you didn’t keep? Yeah, me
too. It makes me wince to think of my broken
promises over the years. The shame comes from
the realization that I had given my word to do something
for someone and then backpedaled upon further review
of what my vow would require of me. Ouch.
We’re all guilty of being “promises, promises” kind of
people. But God is the One we can count on to come
through. When He makes a promise, He keeps it. Just
ask Solomon. He praised God for His faithful keeping
of His promises to see the temple built in Jerusalem
and for David, Solomon’s father, to sit on the throne
(2 Chronicles 6:6). Both of those things became a
reality—David sat on the throne in Jerusalem, followed
by Solomon, and the temple was built “just as the Lord
Solomon exhibited the appropriate response to God
for fulfilling His promises—he praised Him. The king
declared to all his people, “Praise the Lord, the God of
Israel, who has kept the promise He made” (v.4). God is
worthy of our praise, for He has done great things. As
we read in His Word of His awesome works and all the
promises He has kept, our hearts and minds should be
filled with wonder and praise!
To whom did Solomon declare God’s praises? To the
entire community of Israel (2 Chronicles 2:3). When we
praise God to others, revealing what He has done, they can also experience the
reality of our great Promise Keeper.
Today, consider the promises God has fulfilled in the past and the promises
that He will fulfill in the future. Choose to live out these words: “I will praise the
Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises” (Psalms 34:1).
Read Numbers 23:19 and consider how faithful God is in keeping His
promises (unlike you and me).
What promises of God will you praise Him for today? How will
you praise God before others?
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more