Encouragement ExchangeHow could you give encouragement to someone today?
Top Music Videos
Promises & Praise
2 Chronicles 6:1
The Lord has fulfilled the promise He made, for I have become king in my
father’s place, and now I sit on the throne of Israel, just as the Lord
Ever made a promise you didn’t keep? Yeah, me
too. It makes me wince to think of my broken
promises over the years. The shame comes from
the realization that I had given my word to do something
for someone and then backpedaled upon further review
of what my vow would require of me. Ouch.
We’re all guilty of being “promises, promises” kind of
people. But God is the One we can count on to come
through. When He makes a promise, He keeps it. Just
ask Solomon. He praised God for His faithful keeping
of His promises to see the temple built in Jerusalem
and for David, Solomon’s father, to sit on the throne
(2 Chronicles 6:6). Both of those things became a
reality—David sat on the throne in Jerusalem, followed
by Solomon, and the temple was built “just as the Lord
Solomon exhibited the appropriate response to God
for fulfilling His promises—he praised Him. The king
declared to all his people, “Praise the Lord, the God of
Israel, who has kept the promise He made” (v.4). God is
worthy of our praise, for He has done great things. As
we read in His Word of His awesome works and all the
promises He has kept, our hearts and minds should be
filled with wonder and praise!
To whom did Solomon declare God’s praises? To the
entire community of Israel (2 Chronicles 2:3). When we
praise God to others, revealing what He has done, they can also experience the
reality of our great Promise Keeper.
Today, consider the promises God has fulfilled in the past and the promises
that He will fulfill in the future. Choose to live out these words: “I will praise the
Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises” (Psalms 34:1).
Read Numbers 23:19 and consider how faithful God is in keeping His
promises (unlike you and me).
What promises of God will you praise Him for today? How will
you praise God before others?
- Encouragement Exchange - How could you give encouragement to someone today?...read more
- Raise the Temperature - ...read more
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more