WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
The train car was packed with highly irritated people. We should have pulled into our station four hours earlier, but the train's engine was stopped dead in a distant city. Exasperated, my husband and I cooked up a plan to get off the train, find a rental car agency, and drive the rest of the way home. We wanted to do something, anything but remain in our seats and wait.
The frustration of waiting sometimes compels us to take matters into our own hands, especially in matters of dating and marriage. The danger comes when we lower our standards instead of "staying seated" and waiting for God's best.
Paul's warning to the Corinthian believers can save us a lot of heartache if we apply it to our dating lives. He said, "Don't team up with those who are unbelievers" (2 Corinthians 6:14).
If you're like me, you probably know some really nice people who think Jesus is just one of many ways to heaven. God calls us, however, to "come out from among unbelievers, and separate [our]selves from them" (v.17). So considering marriage with someone who doesn't know Jesus is one sign that we should definitely stay seated.
When it comes to dating, we also need to avoid so- called believers who consistently act like people with no spiritual conscience. Paul advised us not to get involved with "anyone who claims to be a believer, yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people" (1 Corinthians 5:11). As tough as it is, we need to avoid romantic involvement with people who don't walk the walk.
While no one likes to wait, it's worth it to honor God's standards for marriage. By doing so, you'll be able to leap from your seat and run down the aisle if God leads you there. , Jennifer Benson Schuldt, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more