Myth No MoreWhy must God judge His enemies and make things right?
Top Music Videos
1 John 3:16-19
We think of your faithful
work, your loving deeds
(1 Thessalonians 1:3).
One of the highlights of living in East Africa is
meeting men and women from around
the world who come through the region to
participate in short or long-term missions. Today, for
example, while sitting in a Kampala, Uganda, coffee
shop, I met a young married couple from Charleston,
South Carolina. Amanda and Michael recently moved
to Uganda to help their church build a medical center in
one of the country’s most impoverished areas.
I enjoyed learning about the couple’s work and how
the Lord had led them to leave home and serve in Africa.
Our conversation reminded me that whether in our own
neighborhood or abroad, it’s inspiring to hear about and
spend time with people who have experienced God’s
love and are in turn sharing it with others.
Such individuals strive to live out the essence of
1 John 3 by enthusiastically . . .
• Giving up their lives and comforts in behalf of their
brothers and sisters around the world (v.16).
• Demonstrating God’s love by sharing their money
and resources with the poor—showing compassion to
brothers and sisters in need (v.17).
• Demonstrating love through their actions rather than
merely professing love to others (v.18).
• Letting their behavior convey God’s truth (v.19).
In his bestselling book Today Matters, John C. Maxwell
writes, “It’s a fact that you become more like the people you spend time with.
If you desire to increase your faith, spend time with others who exercise theirs.
Learn from them. Find out how they think.” And, I might add, how they act.
As God nudges you to engage in service to others, be intentional about
building friendships with people who are already doing so and who can lead
you by their example. —Roxanne Robbins
We wanted to give you
an example to follow
(2 Thessalonians 3:9).
Schedule a meeting with
someone who is actively
serving others. What
steps should you take
to serve others in a
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more