Right and Wrong WordsIs your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?
Top Christian Music Videos
1 John 3:16-19
We think of your faithful
work, your loving deeds
(1 Thessalonians 1:3).
One of the highlights of living in East Africa is
meeting men and women from around
the world who come through the region to
participate in short or long-term missions. Today, for
example, while sitting in a Kampala, Uganda, coffee
shop, I met a young married couple from Charleston,
South Carolina. Amanda and Michael recently moved
to Uganda to help their church build a medical center in
one of the country’s most impoverished areas.
I enjoyed learning about the couple’s work and how
the Lord had led them to leave home and serve in Africa.
Our conversation reminded me that whether in our own
neighborhood or abroad, it’s inspiring to hear about and
spend time with people who have experienced God’s
love and are in turn sharing it with others.
Such individuals strive to live out the essence of
1 John 3 by enthusiastically . . .
• Giving up their lives and comforts in behalf of their
brothers and sisters around the world (v.16).
• Demonstrating God’s love by sharing their money
and resources with the poor—showing compassion to
brothers and sisters in need (v.17).
• Demonstrating love through their actions rather than
merely professing love to others (v.18).
• Letting their behavior convey God’s truth (v.19).
In his bestselling book Today Matters, John C. Maxwell
writes, “It’s a fact that you become more like the people you spend time with.
If you desire to increase your faith, spend time with others who exercise theirs.
Learn from them. Find out how they think.” And, I might add, how they act.
As God nudges you to engage in service to others, be intentional about
building friendships with people who are already doing so and who can lead
you by their example. —Roxanne Robbins
We wanted to give you
an example to follow
(2 Thessalonians 3:9).
Schedule a meeting with
someone who is actively
serving others. What
steps should you take
to serve others in a
- Right and Wrong Words - Is your tongue quick to criticize but slow to apologize?...read more
- Kindness and Hospitality - How are you using your God-given gifts to love and serve others?...read more
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more