WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
Walk Worthy of God
We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy (v.12).
Congratulations for doing so well!” Friends and family recently showered me with kudos. But it was due to the fact that my daughter had done exceptionally well in her national examinations. As a father, I couldn’t have been prouder of my daughter’s achievements. Likewise, we do our heavenly Father proud when we live our lives “in a way that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12; see also Matthew 5:16).
That the believers at Thessalonica would live in a way “that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12) was Paul’s expectation for his spiritual sons and daughters. Bible teacher Alexander Maclaren states: “Here we have the whole law of Christian conduct in a nutshell. There may be many detailed commandments, but they can all be deduced from this one.”
To live worthy lives, we need God’s Word. The Bible is not “mere human ideas.” It’s the “very Word of God” that has the power to transform lives and “continues to work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 1:13). To live worthy lives, we must receive, believe, and be changed by God’s Word (Romans 12:2).
Paul also warned us of God’s wrath(1 Thessalonians 1:16). God’s anger is just as real as His love (Exodus 34:6; Jeremiah 32:18). When we “fail to please God” (1 Thessalonians 1:15) and “continue to pile up [our] sins,” there is no escaping God’s wrath (v.16, Hebrews 2:1). God will punish sin and sinful behavior (Proverbs 3:11; Hebrews 12:9).
Our Father has certain expectations of us. Let’s get to know Him better and better, and produce every kind of good fruit that honors and pleases Him (Colossians 1:10).
What steps do you need to take to walk worthy of God? How has God’s Word changed you in the past few months?
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more