Raise the Temperature
Top Music Videos
Walk Worthy of God
We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy (v.12).
Congratulations for doing so well!” Friends and family recently showered me with kudos. But it was due to the fact that my daughter had done exceptionally well in her national examinations. As a father, I couldn’t have been prouder of my daughter’s achievements. Likewise, we do our heavenly Father proud when we live our lives “in a way that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12; see also Matthew 5:16).
That the believers at Thessalonica would live in a way “that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12) was Paul’s expectation for his spiritual sons and daughters. Bible teacher Alexander Maclaren states: “Here we have the whole law of Christian conduct in a nutshell. There may be many detailed commandments, but they can all be deduced from this one.”
To live worthy lives, we need God’s Word. The Bible is not “mere human ideas.” It’s the “very Word of God” that has the power to transform lives and “continues to work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 1:13). To live worthy lives, we must receive, believe, and be changed by God’s Word (Romans 12:2).
Paul also warned us of God’s wrath(1 Thessalonians 1:16). God’s anger is just as real as His love (Exodus 34:6; Jeremiah 32:18). When we “fail to please God” (1 Thessalonians 1:15) and “continue to pile up [our] sins,” there is no escaping God’s wrath (v.16, Hebrews 2:1). God will punish sin and sinful behavior (Proverbs 3:11; Hebrews 12:9).
Our Father has certain expectations of us. Let’s get to know Him better and better, and produce every kind of good fruit that honors and pleases Him (Colossians 1:10).
What steps do you need to take to walk worthy of God? How has God’s Word changed you in the past few months?
- Raise the Temperature - ...read more
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more