Myth No MoreWhy must God judge His enemies and make things right?
Top Music Videos
Walk Worthy of God
We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy (v.12).
Congratulations for doing so well!” Friends and family recently showered me with kudos. But it was due to the fact that my daughter had done exceptionally well in her national examinations. As a father, I couldn’t have been prouder of my daughter’s achievements. Likewise, we do our heavenly Father proud when we live our lives “in a way that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12; see also Matthew 5:16).
That the believers at Thessalonica would live in a way “that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12) was Paul’s expectation for his spiritual sons and daughters. Bible teacher Alexander Maclaren states: “Here we have the whole law of Christian conduct in a nutshell. There may be many detailed commandments, but they can all be deduced from this one.”
To live worthy lives, we need God’s Word. The Bible is not “mere human ideas.” It’s the “very Word of God” that has the power to transform lives and “continues to work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 1:13). To live worthy lives, we must receive, believe, and be changed by God’s Word (Romans 12:2).
Paul also warned us of God’s wrath(1 Thessalonians 1:16). God’s anger is just as real as His love (Exodus 34:6; Jeremiah 32:18). When we “fail to please God” (1 Thessalonians 1:15) and “continue to pile up [our] sins,” there is no escaping God’s wrath (v.16, Hebrews 2:1). God will punish sin and sinful behavior (Proverbs 3:11; Hebrews 12:9).
Our Father has certain expectations of us. Let’s get to know Him better and better, and produce every kind of good fruit that honors and pleases Him (Colossians 1:10).
What steps do you need to take to walk worthy of God? How has God’s Word changed you in the past few months?
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more