Red HousesWhat has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?
Top Music Videos
Walk Worthy of God
We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy (v.12).
Congratulations for doing so well!” Friends and family recently showered me with kudos. But it was due to the fact that my daughter had done exceptionally well in her national examinations. As a father, I couldn’t have been prouder of my daughter’s achievements. Likewise, we do our heavenly Father proud when we live our lives “in a way that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12; see also Matthew 5:16).
That the believers at Thessalonica would live in a way “that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12) was Paul’s expectation for his spiritual sons and daughters. Bible teacher Alexander Maclaren states: “Here we have the whole law of Christian conduct in a nutshell. There may be many detailed commandments, but they can all be deduced from this one.”
To live worthy lives, we need God’s Word. The Bible is not “mere human ideas.” It’s the “very Word of God” that has the power to transform lives and “continues to work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 1:13). To live worthy lives, we must receive, believe, and be changed by God’s Word (Romans 12:2).
Paul also warned us of God’s wrath(1 Thessalonians 1:16). God’s anger is just as real as His love (Exodus 34:6; Jeremiah 32:18). When we “fail to please God” (1 Thessalonians 1:15) and “continue to pile up [our] sins,” there is no escaping God’s wrath (v.16, Hebrews 2:1). God will punish sin and sinful behavior (Proverbs 3:11; Hebrews 12:9).
Our Father has certain expectations of us. Let’s get to know Him better and better, and produce every kind of good fruit that honors and pleases Him (Colossians 1:10).
What steps do you need to take to walk worthy of God? How has God’s Word changed you in the past few months?
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more
- Stuff We Need - How can you give lavishly to God and others today?...read more
- Rising Above - What difficulties have caused you to experience distress recently?...read more
- God Our Restorer - Are you in need of God’s restorative power today?...read more