FearlessHow can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?
Top Christian Music Videos
Walk Worthy of God
We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy (v.12).
Congratulations for doing so well!” Friends and family recently showered me with kudos. But it was due to the fact that my daughter had done exceptionally well in her national examinations. As a father, I couldn’t have been prouder of my daughter’s achievements. Likewise, we do our heavenly Father proud when we live our lives “in a way that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12; see also Matthew 5:16).
That the believers at Thessalonica would live in a way “that God would consider worthy” (1 Thessalonians 1:12) was Paul’s expectation for his spiritual sons and daughters. Bible teacher Alexander Maclaren states: “Here we have the whole law of Christian conduct in a nutshell. There may be many detailed commandments, but they can all be deduced from this one.”
To live worthy lives, we need God’s Word. The Bible is not “mere human ideas.” It’s the “very Word of God” that has the power to transform lives and “continues to work in you who believe” (1 Thessalonians 1:13). To live worthy lives, we must receive, believe, and be changed by God’s Word (Romans 12:2).
Paul also warned us of God’s wrath(1 Thessalonians 1:16). God’s anger is just as real as His love (Exodus 34:6; Jeremiah 32:18). When we “fail to please God” (1 Thessalonians 1:15) and “continue to pile up [our] sins,” there is no escaping God’s wrath (v.16, Hebrews 2:1). God will punish sin and sinful behavior (Proverbs 3:11; Hebrews 12:9).
Our Father has certain expectations of us. Let’s get to know Him better and better, and produce every kind of good fruit that honors and pleases Him (Colossians 1:10).
What steps do you need to take to walk worthy of God? How has God’s Word changed you in the past few months?
- Fearless - How can you learn to trust God more deeply and follow Him more courageously?...read more
- Next Steps - Have you ever made a choice or taken an unwise risk that caused you pain?...read more
- Cleansing and Calling - What does it mean to follow God’s calling in your life?...read more
- Finding Refuge - What does it mean for God to be your true refuge?...read more
- Why Pray? - What do you need to ask God for today?...read more
- Love and Adoption - What does it mean to you to be adopted by your heavenly Father?...read more
- Worship and Service - Why is it so vital for you to worship God with all you are?...read more
- Holy Desperation - Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus?...read more
- Insisting on Joy - What would it look like for you to insist on joy this week?...read more
- Hot Water - Where in your spiritual life have you become complacent?...read more
- Remade - Do any areas of your life need to be remade?...read more
- God’s Renewing Presence - What can you do to experience God’s renewing presence today?...read more
- Enduring Hope - Have you lost hope and become disillusioned with life?...read more
- Grasping Grace - What does God’s grace mean to you?...read more
- Clear View - How can you seek God’s wisdom and direction today?...read more
- Led by the Spirit - How do you distinguish between the leading of the Spirit and the whims and desires of your own heart?...read more