He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
“Yes, I know,” Boaz replied. “But I also know about everything you
have done for your mother-in-law. . . . May the Lord, the God of
Israel, . . . reward you fully for what you have done” (2:11-12).
The metro was packed with rush-hour travelers,
and my family and I stood on the station platform
waiting for the doors to open so we could board.
Tired after a long day of sightseeing, we were already
anticipating the refuge of our hotel room. I took my
son’s hand and entered through the open train doors.
As I looked for a pole to hold on to, a man suddenly
stood up and offered me his seat. While I was very
thankful to get off my feet, I also felt deeply honored by
In the hustle and bustle of our world, the sense of
expediency can cause us to focus more on what is
immediately convenient for us rather than seeing others
and their needs. Too busy to stop, too harried to slow
down, too hip to be held back. While the cost is usually
relational, the slippery slope often begins in the lack of
honor we demonstrate toward others.
A fascinating journey of an outsider, Ruth was truly a
humble servant. Peter wrote, “Humble yourselves under
the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will
lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to
God, for He cares about you” (1 Peter 5:6-7). After the
death of Naomi’s husband and sons, she had nothing
left. Her life, in her eyes, was bitter. Humbling herself,
Ruth revealed a servant heart as she helped her motherin-
law cope in her desperate days.
But the story doesn’t end with Ruth’s sacrifices. As she
continued to create a culture of honor wherever she
went, God marked Ruth’s life for blessing (Proverbs 18:12; Ruth 4:13-17) and
history has never been the same.
Read Romans 12:10; Ephesians 6:2; Philippians 2:25, Philippians 2:29;
1 Thessalonians 1:12; 1 Timothy 1:3; Hebrews 13:4; and
1 Peter 1:17 to see some of the practical ways we
can bring honor to our relationships.
In what ways were you taught to honor others, especially those older
and more experienced in life? How can we demonstrate Christlike
honor to others?
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more