LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
Allie is a new member of a small group of believers who meet weekly. She began visiting a few months ago when a friend invited her to come so they could pray for her and support her in her battle with cancer. Allie has since received signiï¬cant healing, and she has taken steps toward discovering the God who heals.
Allie's taste in fashion and furnishings is exotic. Her ï¬‚at is ï¬lled with fairies, feathers, crystals, and cheap- but-classy antiques. Browsing an antiques shop recently, Allie came across a beautiful, old Singer-style sewing machine. "God," she whispered to Him, "I'd love something like that for my place."
God is a gift-giving God. He gives us food and joy (Acts 14:15-17), sunshine and rain (Matthew 5:45), Jesus and eternal life (John 4:10; Romans 6:23), the Holy Spirit and spiritual gifts (1 Thessalonians 4:8; 1 Corinthians 12). Jesus compared the Father to earthly parents. If we, fallen and selï¬sh as we are, know how to give our children good things, how much more so does He! Still, there's a world of difference between eternal life and a sewing machine, don't you think? Allie wasn't praying for food, rent money, world peace, or eternal salvation. Her request was a childlike prayer made to a God she's becoming acquainted with. A couple of days after her visit to the antiques shop, Allie was walking out her front door on her way to work when she saw a pile of junk by the roadside. She stopped, stunned. There stood a complete Singer-style antique sewing machine. On it hung a sign: "Perfect condition, please take."
Perhaps our Father God likes to give a few toys every now and then, particularly to those inching toward His kingdom. , Sheridan Voysey, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more