WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
Let us not neglect our meeting together (v.25).
Nancy Johnson went for a walk and discovered a little library in a neighbor’s yard. It’s estimated that there are now between 300 to 400 small libraries lodged in people’s lawns around the world. Each has a take-a-book/leave-a-book policy. Nancy commented, “I like the sense of community.”
Many of us are looking for a way to connect with people who share our interests. As Christians, we have the opportunity to rub elbows with like-minded people at church. The Bible challenges us: “Let us not neglect our meeting together” (Hebrews 10:25), so that we can encourage each other. Phone calls and text messages, are okay—but there’s nothing quite like a face-to-face (and heart-to-heart) conversation when we’re lonely, grieving, or feeling misunderstood.
Even if we’re not going through a difficult time, studying the Bible together allows us to build a common understanding of God’s Word. It helps us come to conclusions based in sound theology. The ancient Israelite priests saw the importance of this during a time when the Book of the Law of Moses had been neglected. “They read from [God’s Word] and clearly explained the meaning . . . helping the people to understand each passage” (Nehemiah 8:8).
Many churches explain the Bible’s text through preaching after a time of group praise and singing. Worshiping God with other believers reminds us of our common purpose—to glorify God (v.6). It creates a sense of unity, which honors God (John 17:23).
Mingling with fellow Christ-followers is a great reason to attend weekly services. But even better is the fact that we can connect with Jesus too. (Matthew 18:20).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
What kinds of heart issues might prevent a person from attending church? Do any of these apply to you? What’s your happiest memory associated with a church service?
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more