In the GapWhat has God equipped you with to intercede for others?
Top Christian Music Videos
Let us not neglect our meeting together (v.25).
Nancy Johnson went for a walk and discovered a little library in a neighbor’s yard. It’s estimated that there are now between 300 to 400 small libraries lodged in people’s lawns around the world. Each has a take-a-book/leave-a-book policy. Nancy commented, “I like the sense of community.”
Many of us are looking for a way to connect with people who share our interests. As Christians, we have the opportunity to rub elbows with like-minded people at church. The Bible challenges us: “Let us not neglect our meeting together” (Hebrews 10:25), so that we can encourage each other. Phone calls and text messages, are okay—but there’s nothing quite like a face-to-face (and heart-to-heart) conversation when we’re lonely, grieving, or feeling misunderstood.
Even if we’re not going through a difficult time, studying the Bible together allows us to build a common understanding of God’s Word. It helps us come to conclusions based in sound theology. The ancient Israelite priests saw the importance of this during a time when the Book of the Law of Moses had been neglected. “They read from [God’s Word] and clearly explained the meaning . . . helping the people to understand each passage” (Nehemiah 8:8).
Many churches explain the Bible’s text through preaching after a time of group praise and singing. Worshiping God with other believers reminds us of our common purpose—to glorify God (v.6). It creates a sense of unity, which honors God (John 17:23).
Mingling with fellow Christ-followers is a great reason to attend weekly services. But even better is the fact that we can connect with Jesus too. (Matthew 18:20).
—Jennifer Benson Schuldt
What kinds of heart issues might prevent a person from attending church? Do any of these apply to you? What’s your happiest memory associated with a church service?
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more
- Thankful for What? - How do your difficult times more clearly illustrate God’s power and redemption?...read more
- Where Desire Takes Us - What desires have you been wrestling with?...read more
- Nursing a Grudge - Why is it vital for you to bring your bitter feelings to God?...read more
- A New Person - What regret do you need to give to Jesus?...read more
- Wexting? - For what challenge do you need to seek God’s wisdom today?...read more
- A Better Question - What kinds of questions do you ask God most often?...read more
- Winning Wars - How has God equipped others to help you make wise decisions?...read more