Staying TrueOur ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze.
Top Christian Music Videos
He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see (v.16).
Intelligent design. It’s hard to go a day without
encountering that phrase, and here’s why. The more
scientists study matter like molecular DNA—the
building block of life—the more it points to a Creator.
As Dr. Stephen Meyer, author of Signature in the Cell,
writes, “The best, most causally adequate explanation
for the origin of the specified, digitally encoded
information in DNA is that it . . . had an intelligent
source.” Intelligent design = divine design.
It’s not surprising that the more scientists study what
can’t be seen by the human eye, the more they see the
fingerprints of God (Colossians 1:15). Paul stated, in
what likely were lyrics of an early church hymn, the
reality of Christ being behind DNA and every other part
of creation. He wrote, “Through [Jesus] God created
everything in the heavenly realms and on earth” (v.16).
Those words were significant for the believers in the
church at Colosse, for they were dealing with false
teachers who taught that angelic mediators were doing
what only Jesus can do. But they also help us address
the attacks by secular scientists against the Christian faith
today. For, Paul says, “He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see” (v.16).
Woven into every strand of DNA is the divine work
of Jesus, the One who “holds all creation together”
(v.17). He is our confidence, our hope, and the source
of every created thing. And as we look at His amazing creation, we—like the
Colossians—are able to stand for the truth found in His Word. Attacks on what
we believe are to be expected, but they pale in the light of Jesus’ reality (2:8).
Be encouraged! The more we sharpen the lens on even the tiniest parts of
God’s creation, the better we see His divine design. —Tom Felten
Read Genesis 1:3 and
John 1:3-4. What two
kinds of light has Jesus
brought us by His divine
What comes to mind
when you hear the words
intelligent design? How
has science encouraged
you in your faith in Jesus?
- Rejoicing in Deep Need - What happens when you choose to rejoice in God even when you’re in deep need?...read more
- Staying True - Our ability to stand in the midst of trials will depend on the focus of our gaze....read more
- Write Your Epitaph - How are you growing in your faith and the proclaiming of it?...read more
- What Happens in the End - Are you feeling hopeless and weary? Be reminded of what happens in the end!...read more
- Stop Painting Your Bucket - Who you are is who you are in Jesus....read more
- What We Have - When do you feel most grateful?...read more
- God's Perspective - What has God called you to do that might appear to be too challenging?...read more
- More than Walking on Water - Do you ever find yourself focusing more on what God can do than on who He is?...read more
- The Spirit’s Wind - In what areas of your life have you been laboring in your own strength instead of God’s power?...read more
- Laying Down Your Life - What does it mean for you to embrace Jesus as the One who laid down His life for you?...read more
- Hidden Costs - What are some ways you can avoid falling prey to Satan’s hidden costs this week?...read more
- Limits - How often are you weary or stressed from church work?...read more
- Healing Prayer - Why is it important for us to bring our pain and suffering to God?...read more
- Pleasing God in the Mundane - Do you sometimes feel drained by serving God and others?...read more
- Avoiding Mean Streets - In what ways have you been entering deeper into God’s wisdom or moving farther away from it?...read more
- The Presence of Jesus - What past or current sinful choice has caused you to experience shame?...read more