Myth No MoreWhy must God judge His enemies and make things right?
Top Music Videos
He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see (v.16).
Intelligent design. It’s hard to go a day without
encountering that phrase, and here’s why. The more
scientists study matter like molecular DNA—the
building block of life—the more it points to a Creator.
As Dr. Stephen Meyer, author of Signature in the Cell,
writes, “The best, most causally adequate explanation
for the origin of the specified, digitally encoded
information in DNA is that it . . . had an intelligent
source.” Intelligent design = divine design.
It’s not surprising that the more scientists study what
can’t be seen by the human eye, the more they see the
fingerprints of God (Colossians 1:15). Paul stated, in
what likely were lyrics of an early church hymn, the
reality of Christ being behind DNA and every other part
of creation. He wrote, “Through [Jesus] God created
everything in the heavenly realms and on earth” (v.16).
Those words were significant for the believers in the
church at Colosse, for they were dealing with false
teachers who taught that angelic mediators were doing
what only Jesus can do. But they also help us address
the attacks by secular scientists against the Christian faith
today. For, Paul says, “He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see” (v.16).
Woven into every strand of DNA is the divine work
of Jesus, the One who “holds all creation together”
(v.17). He is our confidence, our hope, and the source
of every created thing. And as we look at His amazing creation, we—like the
Colossians—are able to stand for the truth found in His Word. Attacks on what
we believe are to be expected, but they pale in the light of Jesus’ reality (2:8).
Be encouraged! The more we sharpen the lens on even the tiniest parts of
God’s creation, the better we see His divine design. —Tom Felten
Read Genesis 1:3 and
John 1:3-4. What two
kinds of light has Jesus
brought us by His divine
What comes to mind
when you hear the words
intelligent design? How
has science encouraged
you in your faith in Jesus?
- Myth No More - Why must God judge His enemies and make things right?...read more
- Hidden Sins - How have you been trying to deal with your sin?...read more
- The Kingdom We Long For - What makes you most desperate for the fullness of God’s kingdom to arrive?...read more
- Offering Refuge and Hope - How can you practically and prayerfully support refugees?...read more
- Songs Before Dawn - How will you use your voice to let the good news ring out today?...read more
- Uber Conversations - How do the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit model a loving relationship?...read more
- Prayer on an Airplane - How can you prepare to share the hope you have in Jesus?...read more
- Adding Interest? - Is there something you’re holding back from God?...read more
- Lord of the Cosmos - What does Jesus being “Lord of the cosmos” mean for your future?...read more
- Farming Hope - What trial are you facing today?...read more
- Because of Sunday - How can you learn to imitate Jesus and His mindset as you face conflict?...read more
- Our Real and Present God - When have you grappled with questions about God’s nearness and presence?...read more
- Gift of Tears - What triggers your emotions?...read more
- Faith in the Fields - Jesus urged His disciples to tell people about Him for “the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”...read more
- Pizza and God's Presence - When do you feel most vulnerable?...read more
- Peace and Contentment - What changes could you make to better “seek the Kingdom of God above all else”?...read more