WashedIn what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?
Top Music Videos
He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see (v.16).
Intelligent design. It’s hard to go a day without
encountering that phrase, and here’s why. The more
scientists study matter like molecular DNA—the
building block of life—the more it points to a Creator.
As Dr. Stephen Meyer, author of Signature in the Cell,
writes, “The best, most causally adequate explanation
for the origin of the specified, digitally encoded
information in DNA is that it . . . had an intelligent
source.” Intelligent design = divine design.
It’s not surprising that the more scientists study what
can’t be seen by the human eye, the more they see the
fingerprints of God (Colossians 1:15). Paul stated, in
what likely were lyrics of an early church hymn, the
reality of Christ being behind DNA and every other part
of creation. He wrote, “Through [Jesus] God created
everything in the heavenly realms and on earth” (v.16).
Those words were significant for the believers in the
church at Colosse, for they were dealing with false
teachers who taught that angelic mediators were doing
what only Jesus can do. But they also help us address
the attacks by secular scientists against the Christian faith
today. For, Paul says, “He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see” (v.16).
Woven into every strand of DNA is the divine work
of Jesus, the One who “holds all creation together”
(v.17). He is our confidence, our hope, and the source
of every created thing. And as we look at His amazing creation, we—like the
Colossians—are able to stand for the truth found in His Word. Attacks on what
we believe are to be expected, but they pale in the light of Jesus’ reality (2:8).
Be encouraged! The more we sharpen the lens on even the tiniest parts of
God’s creation, the better we see His divine design. —Tom Felten
Read Genesis 1:3 and
John 1:3-4. What two
kinds of light has Jesus
brought us by His divine
What comes to mind
when you hear the words
intelligent design? How
has science encouraged
you in your faith in Jesus?
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more