The Job ParadoxWhen have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?
Top Music Videos
He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see (v.16).
Intelligent design. It’s hard to go a day without
encountering that phrase, and here’s why. The more
scientists study matter like molecular DNA—the
building block of life—the more it points to a Creator.
As Dr. Stephen Meyer, author of Signature in the Cell,
writes, “The best, most causally adequate explanation
for the origin of the specified, digitally encoded
information in DNA is that it . . . had an intelligent
source.” Intelligent design = divine design.
It’s not surprising that the more scientists study what
can’t be seen by the human eye, the more they see the
fingerprints of God (Colossians 1:15). Paul stated, in
what likely were lyrics of an early church hymn, the
reality of Christ being behind DNA and every other part
of creation. He wrote, “Through [Jesus] God created
everything in the heavenly realms and on earth” (v.16).
Those words were significant for the believers in the
church at Colosse, for they were dealing with false
teachers who taught that angelic mediators were doing
what only Jesus can do. But they also help us address
the attacks by secular scientists against the Christian faith
today. For, Paul says, “He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see” (v.16).
Woven into every strand of DNA is the divine work
of Jesus, the One who “holds all creation together”
(v.17). He is our confidence, our hope, and the source
of every created thing. And as we look at His amazing creation, we—like the
Colossians—are able to stand for the truth found in His Word. Attacks on what
we believe are to be expected, but they pale in the light of Jesus’ reality (2:8).
Be encouraged! The more we sharpen the lens on even the tiniest parts of
God’s creation, the better we see His divine design. —Tom Felten
Read Genesis 1:3 and
John 1:3-4. What two
kinds of light has Jesus
brought us by His divine
What comes to mind
when you hear the words
intelligent design? How
has science encouraged
you in your faith in Jesus?
- The Job Paradox - When have you missed an opportunity to follow God’s guidance during a difficult time?...read more
- Begging the Question? - Do you ever feel pressure to share your faith in ways that seem awkward to you?...read more
- Fulfilled - Why is it important to view Old Testament laws through the lens of Jesus’ fulfillment of them?...read more
- Red Houses - What has God given you—time, finances, ability—that you can use to help someone in need today?...read more
- Tongues Afire - When have you recently endured the wound of another person’s words?...read more
- True Fellowship - What comes to your mind when you hear the word fellowship?...read more
- After 35 - What does it mean for you to rely on God in all things?...read more
- The Failure Wall - In what ways do you need to be prepared for encounters with spiritual enemies?...read more
- Worship 101 - What can you praise God for today?...read more
- Distance - What expectations do you have of fellow church members when it comes to meeting your needs?...read more
- Sarcasm and Sincerity - Do your words provide a safe environment for others?...read more
- Empty Spaces - What’s taking up space in your heart?...read more
- Showing the Way - How prepared are you to share your faith with others?...read more
- New Address? - Where’s the line between worrying and simply pondering a decision?...read more
- Real Stewardship - How are you using your gifts and talents to bring God to others?...read more
- Korah’s Redemption - How has God revealed His redeeming ways to you?...read more