Timeless GrooveWhat lesser gods are you being tempted to follow?
Top Christian Music Videos
He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see (v.16).
Intelligent design. It’s hard to go a day without
encountering that phrase, and here’s why. The more
scientists study matter like molecular DNA—the
building block of life—the more it points to a Creator.
As Dr. Stephen Meyer, author of Signature in the Cell,
writes, “The best, most causally adequate explanation
for the origin of the specified, digitally encoded
information in DNA is that it . . . had an intelligent
source.” Intelligent design = divine design.
It’s not surprising that the more scientists study what
can’t be seen by the human eye, the more they see the
fingerprints of God (Colossians 1:15). Paul stated, in
what likely were lyrics of an early church hymn, the
reality of Christ being behind DNA and every other part
of creation. He wrote, “Through [Jesus] God created
everything in the heavenly realms and on earth” (v.16).
Those words were significant for the believers in the
church at Colosse, for they were dealing with false
teachers who taught that angelic mediators were doing
what only Jesus can do. But they also help us address
the attacks by secular scientists against the Christian faith
today. For, Paul says, “He made the things we can see
and the things we can’t see” (v.16).
Woven into every strand of DNA is the divine work
of Jesus, the One who “holds all creation together”
(v.17). He is our confidence, our hope, and the source
of every created thing. And as we look at His amazing creation, we—like the
Colossians—are able to stand for the truth found in His Word. Attacks on what
we believe are to be expected, but they pale in the light of Jesus’ reality (2:8).
Be encouraged! The more we sharpen the lens on even the tiniest parts of
God’s creation, the better we see His divine design. —Tom Felten
Read Genesis 1:3 and
John 1:3-4. What two
kinds of light has Jesus
brought us by His divine
What comes to mind
when you hear the words
intelligent design? How
has science encouraged
you in your faith in Jesus?
- Timeless Groove - What lesser gods are you being tempted to follow?...read more
- Running the Race - How deliberate are you in your spiritual training?...read more
- Out of Love - How did God show love for us through His sacrifice?...read more
- God's Masterpiece - What does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?...read more
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more