Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
Since its release in 1979, the Jesus ï¬lm has been watched by more than 6 billion people, making it the most-watched movie in history. Today it's suggested that every 4 seconds someone becomes a Christian after watching the ï¬lm. That's 21,600 people per day, 648,000 per month, more than 7.8 million per year, resulting in a total of 225 million people to date who've come to faith through the Jesus ï¬lm.
I was surprised by the revelation that Brian Deacon, the actor who played Jesus in the movie, isn't a believer himself. "I'm still searching," Brian told me on my radio program. "I probably got as close to becoming a true believer while making that ï¬lm as I ever have done," he said. Yet, he remains unconvinced. Ironically, he's played a part in 225 million people coming to faith in Jesus while having no faith himself.
Brian isn't alone as an unbelieving evangelist. Jesus once healed a blind beggar (John 9). The means were unconventional, saliva, mud, and a dip in the creek. When the beggar returned with sight, his community plied him for answers (vv.8-10). He told them that a man called Jesus had healed him, though he didn't know much more than that (v.11). The beggar was dragged before the Pharisees, who were incensed at Jesus for healing on the Sabbath. "I don't know whether He is a sinner" (v.25), the former sightless man said to the Pharisees regarding Jesus. "But I know this: I was blind, and now I can see!" Later he even asked the Pharisees if they wanted to become Jesus' disciples too! (v.27).
The beggar evangelized his community and religious leaders for Jesus, but only later did he discover Jesus' identity and come to personal faith (vv.35-38).
It's a story that I hope and pray becomes Brian Deacon's story too. , Sheridan Voysey, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more