Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
Since its release in 1979, the Jesus ï¬lm has been watched by more than 6 billion people, making it the most-watched movie in history. Today it's suggested that every 4 seconds someone becomes a Christian after watching the ï¬lm. That's 21,600 people per day, 648,000 per month, more than 7.8 million per year, resulting in a total of 225 million people to date who've come to faith through the Jesus ï¬lm.
I was surprised by the revelation that Brian Deacon, the actor who played Jesus in the movie, isn't a believer himself. "I'm still searching," Brian told me on my radio program. "I probably got as close to becoming a true believer while making that ï¬lm as I ever have done," he said. Yet, he remains unconvinced. Ironically, he's played a part in 225 million people coming to faith in Jesus while having no faith himself.
Brian isn't alone as an unbelieving evangelist. Jesus once healed a blind beggar (John 9). The means were unconventional, saliva, mud, and a dip in the creek. When the beggar returned with sight, his community plied him for answers (vv.8-10). He told them that a man called Jesus had healed him, though he didn't know much more than that (v.11). The beggar was dragged before the Pharisees, who were incensed at Jesus for healing on the Sabbath. "I don't know whether He is a sinner" (v.25), the former sightless man said to the Pharisees regarding Jesus. "But I know this: I was blind, and now I can see!" Later he even asked the Pharisees if they wanted to become Jesus' disciples too! (v.27).
The beggar evangelized his community and religious leaders for Jesus, but only later did he discover Jesus' identity and come to personal faith (vv.35-38).
It's a story that I hope and pray becomes Brian Deacon's story too. , Sheridan Voysey, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more