Sound SensitiveJust as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day.
Top Music Videos
A 2008 Barna Group survey asked adults what immoral behaviors they had engaged in during the past week. Of those surveyed: 28 percent had used profanity, 20 percent had gambled, 19 percent had viewed pornography, 12 percent had gossiped, 12 percent had gotten drunk, 11 percent had lied, 9 percent had sex outside of marriage.
The survey also revealed devastating results for adults under 25: 64 percent had used profanity, 38 percent had sex outside of marriage, 37 percent had lied, 33 percent had viewed pornography. Among believers, using profanity (16 percent) and pornography (12 percent) were the most common sins.
Living in a morally decadent world, the apostle Peter cautions us not to live like it. Outlook determines outcome. So Peter tells us to have the right attitude so we can live righteous lives (1 Peter 4:1).
â€¢ Be ready to suffer (v.1). Peter reminds us, "Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but He died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but He was raised to life in the Spirit" (1 Peter 3:18). Our identiï¬cation with Christ's suffering means victory over sin, for we died to sin and "now we also may live new lives" (Romans 6:2-4).
â€¢ Be ready to do the will of God (v.2). We're not to live selï¬shly for the world's pleasures (v.2). Instead, we should be eager to do God's will. He desires that we be holy, avoiding all sexual sin (1 Thess. 4:3).
â€¢ Be ready to face God (v.5). Be warned. There is a holy God to whom everyone must give a personal account (Romans 14:12). God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing (Ecclesiastes 12:14).
To live holy lives, we begin by telling God, "I've had enough. I'm ï¬nished with sin." , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Sound Sensitive - Just as with Samuel, may we know the presence of God throughout the day....read more
- Rich in Good Works - How can you encourage other believers in Jesus to “be rich in good works”?...read more
- What Sets Us Free - Do you ever try to earn points with God?...read more
- Washed - In what ways is God calling you to visibly represent Him to someone else?...read more
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more