Spiritual StrugglesWhen you struggle spiritually, how do you react?
Top Music Videos
A 2008 Barna Group survey asked adults what immoral behaviors they had engaged in during the past week. Of those surveyed: 28 percent had used profanity, 20 percent had gambled, 19 percent had viewed pornography, 12 percent had gossiped, 12 percent had gotten drunk, 11 percent had lied, 9 percent had sex outside of marriage.
The survey also revealed devastating results for adults under 25: 64 percent had used profanity, 38 percent had sex outside of marriage, 37 percent had lied, 33 percent had viewed pornography. Among believers, using profanity (16 percent) and pornography (12 percent) were the most common sins.
Living in a morally decadent world, the apostle Peter cautions us not to live like it. Outlook determines outcome. So Peter tells us to have the right attitude so we can live righteous lives (1 Peter 4:1).
â€¢ Be ready to suffer (v.1). Peter reminds us, "Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but He died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but He was raised to life in the Spirit" (1 Peter 3:18). Our identiï¬cation with Christ's suffering means victory over sin, for we died to sin and "now we also may live new lives" (Romans 6:2-4).
â€¢ Be ready to do the will of God (v.2). We're not to live selï¬shly for the world's pleasures (v.2). Instead, we should be eager to do God's will. He desires that we be holy, avoiding all sexual sin (1 Thess. 4:3).
â€¢ Be ready to face God (v.5). Be warned. There is a holy God to whom everyone must give a personal account (Romans 14:12). God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing (Ecclesiastes 12:14).
To live holy lives, we begin by telling God, "I've had enough. I'm ï¬nished with sin." , K.T. Sim, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Spiritual Struggles - When you struggle spiritually, how do you react?...read more
- Happy Ascension Day - What’s one way you can celebrate the ascension of Jesus Christ today?...read more
- Mixed Bag - Are there any blind spots in your life?...read more
- All We Need - How might you trust God for the bounty He alone can provide?...read more
- Simple Things - What simple pleasures can you rediscover with God today?...read more
- Thirsty? - How has God provided our identity and significance in Jesus?...read more
- Freedom from Stress - How can loving and obeying God help you to find the peace He has promised His children?...read more
- Portrait of Jesus - What did Jesus endure for you?...read more
- Slow Learners - What are you struggling to understand in your faith journey with Jesus?...read more
- The Same God - Why would it be wrong for God to not deal with sin in such a serious way?...read more
- In Jesus’ Love - What Scripture verses have been most encouraging to you?...read more
- Don’t Hesitate - How can you become more confident in sharing your faith?...read more
- Broken Instruments - Has anyone ever paid the cost of fixing something you’ve broken or destroyed?...read more
- True Sacrifice - How can you better remind yourself of your great wealth in Christ?...read more
- Jesus and the Junk - What are you trying to hide from God and others?...read more
- Changing Our Tune - What angers you today and why?...read more