He Will Handle ItWhat burden will you give to Him today?
Top Christian Music Videos
Do not judge others, and
you will not be judged
I normally take my kids to school 30 minutes before class begins. One morning we left the house later than
normal. When we picked them up from school, my middle son insisted that they had not made it to class on
time, and he had proof. He proudly presented “exhibit A”: He had seen our daughter with a detention slip in
her hand. The only problem with his evidence was that it was not her detention for being late to school—it was her classmate’s. She was holding it for him until he finished tying his shoe. My son apologized for misjudging his sister. He learned an important lesson about not judging others.
When Jesus began teaching His followers, He made sure they learned the same lesson (Matthew 7:1). When
He gave the “don’t judge” command, however, He wasn’t saying for them to put their minds in neutral and
refuse to examine people’s actions in order to hold them accountable to God’s standards. He simply wanted them to refrain from judging others just to build themselves up. Those who judged others would find themselves being judged in the same manner by God and by others.
There are several reasons why Jesus told His followers not to judge others. First, they may have only known part of the story and didn’t fully understand all the motives
and issues involved (1 Corinthians 4:5). Second, when they judged others, they brought God’s judgment on
themselves (Romans 2:1-3). Third, God is the only One who is qualified to judge anyone (James 4:11-12). Finally, when they judged others, they were not walking in Jesus’ steps (John 8:1-11).
Before we judge others, let’s seek to understand all the issues and motives of the situation, examine our own lives first, leave all judging to God, and humbly love, forgive, accept, and help others in a spirit of grace and understanding.
• Luke 18:9-14
• Romans 14:3,10
When are you most tempted to judge others?
What “planks” do you need to get out of your
own eyes first? Is there someone you need to
humbly love, accept, and forgive today?
- He Will Handle It - What burden will you give to Him today?...read more
- Always Loved - Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us....read more
- Run with It! - Jesus is the author of life....read more
- Sacrificial Love - What does it mean for you to carry your cross?...read more
- Autograph of the Ordinary - Do you accept the truth that God is in your ordinary work?...read more
- The Gift of Love - How should you respond to such a great love?...read more
- Warm Welcome - How does warm hospitality reflect God’s loving heart?...read more
- In the Gap - What has God equipped you with to intercede for others?...read more
- Confession and Blessing - How does repentance reveal our faith and trust in Jesus?...read more
- Breaking the Mold - How are you sharing Jesus with the next generation?...read more
- Diseased Hearts - What are the implications of only God truly knowing the heart and being able to cure it?...read more
- To Make Them Better - To follow Jesus means we allow God to transform the whole of our life....read more
- Looking for Work? - Consider how God has uniquely equipped you....read more
- Out of the Blue - God intervened before we were aware of our need....read more
- Joy and Sadness - Is there sadness in your life you need to embrace?...read more
- Passion Unleashed - What gifts and talents has God given you?...read more