LaughterHow do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?
Top Music Videos
Not long ago, we had a discussion in our office regarding what you should eat based on your blood type. Suddenly, our lunchtime conversations were seasoned with questions like: "If I'm B positive, should I eat chicken or fish?" The health "gurus" who are promoting eating based on blood type claim it can keep you fit and make you look good too.
We all desire to look good and are drawn to beauty. Proverbs 31 offers some excellent beauty tips that we, male and female, all need to read. The verses summarize much of the wisdom found in the entire book of Proverbs. They present the true beauty of a wise woman who fears the Lord.
Here are five of her characteristics: â€¢ Trustworthy (vv.11-12). She can be trusted to do good and to not harm others. â€¢ Shrewd or wise (vv.13-18). She thinks through her projects and manages her time and resources wisely. This leads her to successfully complete them. â€¢ Generous (vv.19-20). She gives to the poor and needy, not apathetic. â€¢ Diligent (vv.21-25). She makes sure that all the bases are covered for her family. A smile is on her face and joy is in her heart because she has done her best to provide. â€¢ Speaks wisely and kindly (v.26). She talks the talk and walks the walk! By looking at this woman's characteristics, we see that a person's true beauty springs from the soul. Her kindness, loving care, and passion all flow from her relationship with God (v.30). Let's follow her example and clothe ourselves with "the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God" (1 Peter 3:4). , Poh Fang Chia, Our Daily Journey
CLICK HERE to visit OurDailyJourney.org
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more
- Purpose - How does the apostle Paul’s life demonstrate God’s “purpose” to you?...read more