God's MasterpieceWhat does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?
Top Christian Music Videos
Unhappy at Work
Lazy people are soon poor (v.4).
I have a friend who had been unhappy at work. He told me that no matter how hard he tried, his boss was completely unreasonable. Ultimately, he was fired. An acquaintance who knows both my friend and his boss told me he feels that it was my friend’s issues that led to his dismissal. So what’s the truth? My guess is that it’s a mixture of the two viewpoints. But here’s one thing we can know without question: Being unhappy in one’s work can lead to some sad results.
How’s your job going? Do you see it as a sacred vocation, or have you lost all motivation? Solomon, in Proverbs, presents some practical, inspiring wisdom that can help you do your work well and enjoy it better:
• Take wise steps—Moping or simply getting mad will not help your situation. Seek God in prayer and apply the principles of His Word to what you’re experiencing on the job—choosing to do the right thing as His wise child (Proverbs 10:1.)
• Trust God for the results—God knows your needs and He promises to provide just what you need (v.3; Matthew 6:31). Seek His kingdom as you trust Him with your job and its future.
• Truly do the work—Lazy and irresponsible behavior will not be rewarded. Instead, follow the instruction of the apostle Paul and “work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ” (Colossians 3:23).
Yes, our ultimate “boss,” our highest Master, is Jesus Himself. As we make it our aim to glorify Him in our work, contentment and joy will follow.
Read Proverbs 14:23 and note the importance of doing the work and not just talking a good game.
How does your attitude need to change so that you can truly do your work to God’s glory? Why is it true that all work is sacred?
- God's Masterpiece - What does it mean for God’s people to be a masterpiece?...read more
- Prayerful Retreat - How often do you have a “prayerful retreat” with God?...read more
- Laying Down Our Lives - What sometimes holds you back from laying down your life for others?...read more
- A Little Farther - Do you hear much about lament in your local church?...read more
- Distraction - What’s your biggest distraction as you strive to follow Jesus?...read more
- Intentional Defiance - Be encouraged by a God who is with you to discipline and lead you away from wrong turns....read more
- The Family Name - How do you show appreciation for the reconciliation God has offered?...read more
- Unwavering Love - What does it mean for you to rest in God’s unwavering love?...read more
- Far Better - What are you most looking forward to when God calls you home?...read more
- A Good Name - When you consider your reputation, what might you change to better reflect Jesus to others?...read more
- Light the Path - How have others illumined the path for you to Jesus?...read more
- More Than Feelings - God created us to live in the fullness of His image—emotions included....read more
- Of Penguins and People - Who needs your committed, enduring love today?...read more
- Big and Small - What do you do with your worries?...read more
- A Way Out - Do you have a tendency to overestimate or underestimate?...read more
- Extravagant Love - When have you encountered God’s extravagant love?...read more