What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
Unhappy at Work
Lazy people are soon poor (v.4).
I have a friend who had been unhappy at work. He told me that no matter how hard he tried, his boss was completely unreasonable. Ultimately, he was fired. An acquaintance who knows both my friend and his boss told me he feels that it was my friend’s issues that led to his dismissal. So what’s the truth? My guess is that it’s a mixture of the two viewpoints. But here’s one thing we can know without question: Being unhappy in one’s work can lead to some sad results.
How’s your job going? Do you see it as a sacred vocation, or have you lost all motivation? Solomon, in Proverbs, presents some practical, inspiring wisdom that can help you do your work well and enjoy it better:
• Take wise steps—Moping or simply getting mad will not help your situation. Seek God in prayer and apply the principles of His Word to what you’re experiencing on the job—choosing to do the right thing as His wise child (Proverbs 10:1.)
• Trust God for the results—God knows your needs and He promises to provide just what you need (v.3; Matthew 6:31). Seek His kingdom as you trust Him with your job and its future.
• Truly do the work—Lazy and irresponsible behavior will not be rewarded. Instead, follow the instruction of the apostle Paul and “work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ” (Colossians 3:23).
Yes, our ultimate “boss,” our highest Master, is Jesus Himself. As we make it our aim to glorify Him in our work, contentment and joy will follow.
Read Proverbs 14:23 and note the importance of doing the work and not just talking a good game.
How does your attitude need to change so that you can truly do your work to God’s glory? Why is it true that all work is sacred?
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more