Love in ActionHow can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?
Top Christian Music Videos
Unhappy at Work
Lazy people are soon poor (v.4).
I have a friend who had been unhappy at work. He told me that no matter how hard he tried, his boss was completely unreasonable. Ultimately, he was fired. An acquaintance who knows both my friend and his boss told me he feels that it was my friend’s issues that led to his dismissal. So what’s the truth? My guess is that it’s a mixture of the two viewpoints. But here’s one thing we can know without question: Being unhappy in one’s work can lead to some sad results.
How’s your job going? Do you see it as a sacred vocation, or have you lost all motivation? Solomon, in Proverbs, presents some practical, inspiring wisdom that can help you do your work well and enjoy it better:
• Take wise steps—Moping or simply getting mad will not help your situation. Seek God in prayer and apply the principles of His Word to what you’re experiencing on the job—choosing to do the right thing as His wise child (Proverbs 10:1.)
• Trust God for the results—God knows your needs and He promises to provide just what you need (v.3; Matthew 6:31). Seek His kingdom as you trust Him with your job and its future.
• Truly do the work—Lazy and irresponsible behavior will not be rewarded. Instead, follow the instruction of the apostle Paul and “work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ” (Colossians 3:23).
Yes, our ultimate “boss,” our highest Master, is Jesus Himself. As we make it our aim to glorify Him in our work, contentment and joy will follow.
Read Proverbs 14:23 and note the importance of doing the work and not just talking a good game.
How does your attitude need to change so that you can truly do your work to God’s glory? Why is it true that all work is sacred?
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more
- Good Company - How do you choose the company that you keep?...read more