Raise the Temperature
Top Music Videos
A King Born for All
They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people” (vv.9-10).
Scene one: A stable in Bethlehem, Judea. There, a group of shepherds kneel before a baby sleeping in a feeding trough (Luke 2:8). The society of the day despises these grimy, unclean shepherds, and they can’t believe they’re here. How could they have been given such a privilege?
Scene two: A little peasant home. A group of wise men from Eastern lands stand gazing at the baby (Matthew 2:1). They’re powerful, esteemed, and rich—you don’t bring gifts of gold, incense, and myrrh without having money. Their fine clothes and jewels look out of place in this village, but soon they also kneel before this exceptional child.
For this infant would become a boy and this boy would become a man; and this man would be found to be so much more: A carpenter by trade, but a King by birth. The God of the universe was visiting His people in person (John 1:1).
From the beginning, it was clear that this King would be different from others. As those shepherds knelt down, we saw that He’s a King for the Jews; and as those wise men knelt down, we saw that He’s a King for the Gentiles. When a fisherman knelt down, we saw a King for the workers (Luke 5:8); and when a centurion sought His help, we saw a King for the rulers (Matthew 8:8). And what kind of King hangs out with both priests andsinners? (Luke 7:36).
The real gift of Christmas is not more goodies under a tree, but a King and a Lord who came for every one of us. You can be wealthy or destitute, powerful or lowly. You can be burdened with all the shame that your sins have brought upon you. Yet this King will accept you, heal you, and forgive you as you kneel before Him.
Yes, bowing is most fitting in the presence of the King born for all.
Read Philippians 2:9 to see the words that Paul used to describe Jesus as the true King of heaven and earth.
Why would you feel unworthy to be in the presence of King Jesus? Why would you think others are unworthy of Him?
- Raise the Temperature - ...read more
- Always There - Do you believe that the Lord is always with you?...read more
- Seasons of Grief - Are you going through a season of grief where you are struggling to grieve?...read more
- John's Question - What steps can you take to seek God’s perspective in a current challenging situation?...read more
- Victory - What battles are you facing these days?...read more
- Starting Over - Have you experienced a fresh start in Jesus?...read more
- Genuine Love - How have you experienced the reality of God’s love?...read more
- Straight Up - Is there a current situation in your life where you’ve been less than honest?...read more
- He Saw Something - Have you seen something so true that you would be willing to live or die for it?...read more
- Higher Law, Higher Love - What choice of conscience faces you today?...read more
- Stay or Run Away - How might God want you to display His glory in your life?...read more
- Jealousy and Generosity - To help His followers understand what the kingdom of heaven is like and the dangers of comparison obsession, Jesus told a parable about a landowner who hired workers to tend his vineyard....read more
- On the Fringe - Who sits alone at church that you can befriend?...read more
- Taming Anger - Think back to a time when you lashed out in anger, or when someone lashed out at you....read more
- Full of Joy - How can you tap into God’s joy more fully?...read more
- Mistaken vs. Hard Hearts - How have you experienced a hard heart toward God in your relationship with Him?...read more