Sweet MusicWhat things have you been trying to handle without prayer?
Top Music Videos
A King Born for All
They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people” (vv.9-10).
Scene one: A stable in Bethlehem, Judea. There, a group of shepherds kneel before a baby sleeping in a feeding trough (Luke 2:8). The society of the day despises these grimy, unclean shepherds, and they can’t believe they’re here. How could they have been given such a privilege?
Scene two: A little peasant home. A group of wise men from Eastern lands stand gazing at the baby (Matthew 2:1). They’re powerful, esteemed, and rich—you don’t bring gifts of gold, incense, and myrrh without having money. Their fine clothes and jewels look out of place in this village, but soon they also kneel before this exceptional child.
For this infant would become a boy and this boy would become a man; and this man would be found to be so much more: A carpenter by trade, but a King by birth. The God of the universe was visiting His people in person (John 1:1).
From the beginning, it was clear that this King would be different from others. As those shepherds knelt down, we saw that He’s a King for the Jews; and as those wise men knelt down, we saw that He’s a King for the Gentiles. When a fisherman knelt down, we saw a King for the workers (Luke 5:8); and when a centurion sought His help, we saw a King for the rulers (Matthew 8:8). And what kind of King hangs out with both priests andsinners? (Luke 7:36).
The real gift of Christmas is not more goodies under a tree, but a King and a Lord who came for every one of us. You can be wealthy or destitute, powerful or lowly. You can be burdened with all the shame that your sins have brought upon you. Yet this King will accept you, heal you, and forgive you as you kneel before Him.
Yes, bowing is most fitting in the presence of the King born for all.
Read Philippians 2:9 to see the words that Paul used to describe Jesus as the true King of heaven and earth.
Why would you feel unworthy to be in the presence of King Jesus? Why would you think others are unworthy of Him?
- Sweet Music - What things have you been trying to handle without prayer?...read more
- Laughter - How do joy and laughter reveal the heart of God?...read more
- Powerful Patience - How can you trust God more even as you wait on Him?...read more
- Overwhelmed - What has sunk your spirits today?...read more
- Greater - How does the knowledge that God is greater than our storms impact the way you feel?...read more
- Voice of Reason - How do you respond to the rage of others?...read more
- Source of Truth - What does Scripture reveal about the issues on your mind today?...read more
- Little Things - Do you measure yourself and others according to God’s standards or the world’s?...read more
- Jesus the Reconciler - What does it add to your understanding of the cross to recognize that Jesus was enacting your reconciliation with God?...read more
- Tasting Heaven - How can you echo God’s future banquet by inviting diverse guests to your dinner parties?...read more
- Possible - What does it mean for you to know that Jesus is your Shepherd?...read more
- "Follow Me!" - Why are you following Jesus?...read more
- Here’s Hope - Why do we sometimes keep our struggles to ourselves?...read more
- Is Jesus Enough? - How do you react when you see injustice in the world, or when circumstances are against you and God seems to be silent?...read more
- Greater Work - What life experience has most challenged your understanding of prayer?...read more
- Awe - Where and when do you find yourself most in awe of God?...read more