The Ultimate SourceGod’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways.
Top Christian Music Videos
A King Born for All
They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people” (vv.9-10).
Scene one: A stable in Bethlehem, Judea. There, a group of shepherds kneel before a baby sleeping in a feeding trough (Luke 2:8). The society of the day despises these grimy, unclean shepherds, and they can’t believe they’re here. How could they have been given such a privilege?
Scene two: A little peasant home. A group of wise men from Eastern lands stand gazing at the baby (Matthew 2:1). They’re powerful, esteemed, and rich—you don’t bring gifts of gold, incense, and myrrh without having money. Their fine clothes and jewels look out of place in this village, but soon they also kneel before this exceptional child.
For this infant would become a boy and this boy would become a man; and this man would be found to be so much more: A carpenter by trade, but a King by birth. The God of the universe was visiting His people in person (John 1:1).
From the beginning, it was clear that this King would be different from others. As those shepherds knelt down, we saw that He’s a King for the Jews; and as those wise men knelt down, we saw that He’s a King for the Gentiles. When a fisherman knelt down, we saw a King for the workers (Luke 5:8); and when a centurion sought His help, we saw a King for the rulers (Matthew 8:8). And what kind of King hangs out with both priests andsinners? (Luke 7:36).
The real gift of Christmas is not more goodies under a tree, but a King and a Lord who came for every one of us. You can be wealthy or destitute, powerful or lowly. You can be burdened with all the shame that your sins have brought upon you. Yet this King will accept you, heal you, and forgive you as you kneel before Him.
Yes, bowing is most fitting in the presence of the King born for all.
Read Philippians 2:9 to see the words that Paul used to describe Jesus as the true King of heaven and earth.
Why would you feel unworthy to be in the presence of King Jesus? Why would you think others are unworthy of Him?
- The Ultimate Source - God’s goodness and faithfulness can lead us to respond in varying ways....read more
- Love in Action - How can you show Christ’s love to someone in need with both your words and your actions?...read more
- Generous Hearts - Have you ever been the recipient of someone else’s generosity?...read more
- Persecuted but Growing - Have you ever seen God use something negative or discouraging to accomplish something amazing?...read more
- Autumn Moments - What season of life are you in right now?...read more
- Where Love Flourishes - How does the love of a man and woman united in Christ reflect the love God has for us?...read more
- You're Needed - How are you serving the body of Christ?...read more
- Not Coming Back - How does Jesus’ sacrificial example inspire you today?...read more
- Everything Matters - In God’s vision for the world, everything matters....read more
- Valid! - Our value comes from God in whose image we all have been created....read more
- Cupcake Face - Do you have a sin in your life you’ve been trying to hide from God?...read more
- Four Views - Have you ever wished that the Bible was written differently or in a way that was easier for you to understand?...read more
- Perfect Peace - Are you living out God’s “perfect peace”?...read more
- Cherished Possessions - Do you share the same love, empathy, and care for sinners?...read more
- Is This Heaven? - What do you think about heaven and earth?...read more
- Another View - How can the suffering of another person be used by God to help others grow in Him?...read more