What's ImportantHow has God been training you lately?
Top Christian Music Videos
A King Born for All
They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people” (vv.9-10).
Scene one: A stable in Bethlehem, Judea. There, a group of shepherds kneel before a baby sleeping in a feeding trough (Luke 2:8). The society of the day despises these grimy, unclean shepherds, and they can’t believe they’re here. How could they have been given such a privilege?
Scene two: A little peasant home. A group of wise men from Eastern lands stand gazing at the baby (Matthew 2:1). They’re powerful, esteemed, and rich—you don’t bring gifts of gold, incense, and myrrh without having money. Their fine clothes and jewels look out of place in this village, but soon they also kneel before this exceptional child.
For this infant would become a boy and this boy would become a man; and this man would be found to be so much more: A carpenter by trade, but a King by birth. The God of the universe was visiting His people in person (John 1:1).
From the beginning, it was clear that this King would be different from others. As those shepherds knelt down, we saw that He’s a King for the Jews; and as those wise men knelt down, we saw that He’s a King for the Gentiles. When a fisherman knelt down, we saw a King for the workers (Luke 5:8); and when a centurion sought His help, we saw a King for the rulers (Matthew 8:8). And what kind of King hangs out with both priests andsinners? (Luke 7:36).
The real gift of Christmas is not more goodies under a tree, but a King and a Lord who came for every one of us. You can be wealthy or destitute, powerful or lowly. You can be burdened with all the shame that your sins have brought upon you. Yet this King will accept you, heal you, and forgive you as you kneel before Him.
Yes, bowing is most fitting in the presence of the King born for all.
Read Philippians 2:9 to see the words that Paul used to describe Jesus as the true King of heaven and earth.
Why would you feel unworthy to be in the presence of King Jesus? Why would you think others are unworthy of Him?
- What's Important - How has God been training you lately?...read more
- Choosing to Forget - What painful memory is holding you back from peace with God?...read more
- Not about Fame - How has Jesus changed your life?...read more
- Faithful and True - What experiences have shaped your understanding of what it means to be faithful?...read more
- Living Houses of Prayer - What does it mean for you to be a living house of prayer?...read more
- Test of Courage - Read Proverbs 21:30-31 to see how true success depends on God....read more
- Calling on the Air - In what ways have you called on God for direction ?...read more
- Only the Beginning - What hope has God brought you today?...read more
- Disciplined for Freedom - Praise God and display your gratitude to Him today!...read more
- What Will We Become? - What does it mean for you to be God’s masterpiece?...read more
- Taking the Hate - Which portions of the Bible trouble you the most?...read more
- Not a Distant God - Read Romans 8:31-39 to be reminded of the intimate love God has for us....read more
- A Greater Power - Read Jeremiah 31:20-25 and consider the power of God’s restoration...read more
- Anger Management - Read Matthew 5:21-22 to see what Jesus said about anger and sin....read more
- Moving Past Memories - How can experiencing God’s forgiveness for our sin help us to extend grace to others?...read more
- There is Hope - What has caused you to lose hope recently?...read more